• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hurima's mapping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machima

argh
Reaction score
Hi.
This is my first thread here on OtLand.
The reason why I'm starting this thread
is because I want some constructive critism
on my works. How does it look? Could it be done
better? What do I need to work on? I've only been
mapping for a few months. I will post as many pictures
as I can in this thread. And please, don't flame in here.

Dragon Lords.
EJ1c.png

Quaras or something.
MRia4.png

Feel free to comment!

Sincerely,
Hurima.

looks like some great basics to start a thread with :] I think some other people should follow your example..

I like the cave, though I don't like the fire on the lava, some gravel couldn't hurt? in the south-west corner.

I like the bordering, but the walls are just boring :/ also just that one big pointy tree being the only large tree :/?

I like the bordering, but the walls are just boring :/ also just that one big pointy tree being the only large tree :/?

I find the bordering a little too extreme. Like Sharp said, don't be afraid to use the other trees, but avoid the red and yellow ones in my opinion as they are strange-looking.

Also I find the mountain walls look somewhat strange, I'd advise using an actual mountain and not just the walls. Not only would it make the center of the picture look normal but it would make the image less boring.

Just some suggestions,
Leftwing

The bordering IMO is bad, really bad. @ the other things, rest looks pretty boring, but clean. So I can't say it looks great, although I can't say it looks imba bad either.

It's just random nature. I appreciate all the help. I'll post something new tomorrow, since I'm not home atm.

Btw; It isn't done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back