• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I asked ChatGPT to make a quest for TheForgottenServer, how does it hold up?

xNMExReject

Reaction score
1674945795942.png
Lua:
-- Quest: The Lost Treasure

local config = {
    questName = "The Lost Treasure",
    questArea = {from = {x = 32000, y = 32000, z = 7}, to = {x = 32001, y = 32001, z = 7}},
    questStorage = 50000,
    firstItemId = 2342,
    secondItemId = 2343,
    rewardExp = 15000,
    rewardMoney = 100000
}

function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)
    if item.itemid == config.firstItemId and player:getStorageValue(config.questStorage) == -1 then
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have found a map leading to a lost treasure. Will you accept this quest?")
        player:setStorageValue(config.questStorage, 0)
    elseif item.itemid == config.secondItemId and player:getStorageValue(config.questStorage) == 0 then
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have found the treasure! You have completed the quest and have been rewarded.")
        player:addExperience(config.rewardExp)
        player:addMoney(config.rewardMoney)
        player:setStorageValue(config.questStorage, 1)
    else
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have already completed this quest.")
    end
    return true
end
In my amateur experience with making barely functioning quests, it looks legit. Looks like a tasty reward too. I love this thing, it even writes better than my graduate level classmates. In ChatGPT's own words about the quest:

1674946054148.png

View attachment 73039
Lua:
-- Quest: The Lost Treasure

local config = {
    questName = "The Lost Treasure",
    questArea = {from = {x = 32000, y = 32000, z = 7}, to = {x = 32001, y = 32001, z = 7}},
    questStorage = 50000,
    firstItemId = 2342,
    secondItemId = 2343,
    rewardExp = 15000,
    rewardMoney = 100000
}

function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)
    if item.itemid == config.firstItemId and player:getStorageValue(config.questStorage) == -1 then
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have found a map leading to a lost treasure. Will you accept this quest?")
        player:setStorageValue(config.questStorage, 0)
    elseif item.itemid == config.secondItemId and player:getStorageValue(config.questStorage) == 0 then
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have found the treasure! You have completed the quest and have been rewarded.")
        player:addExperience(config.rewardExp)
        player:addMoney(config.rewardMoney)
        player:setStorageValue(config.questStorage, 1)
    else
        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have already completed this quest.")
    end
    return true
end
In my amateur experience with making barely functioning quests, it looks legit. Looks like a tasty reward too. I love this thing, it even writes better than my graduate level classmates. In ChatGPT's own words about the quest:

View attachment 73040
How do you expect from us to react? what's the main purpose of this? there are many posts related to this before lol

we need to teach it syntax for each version it might be our (better)new wikia for all of the codes i mean i have to figure shit out from old scripts but wouldnt it be nice if it could actually understand fairly what each function does and limitations of each engine in future. :p

@Shalaby Hm, the "is this being talked about already" did not mention such a thing. I'll delete it for you <3 (I also actually did posit a question in the title, but you may not have correctly understood the grammar). You may also want to research the meaning of discussion, and its relevant purpose. Because of course a post in discussion, would be for "shocking" discussion.

@Competitibia The AI learns from previous questions, so you could theoretically train it within the chat to focus on past scripts. It's knowledge is up to a point in 2021. A lot of people have already used earlier versions of it to do some wild stuff.

@Shalaby Hm, the "is this being talked about already" did not mention such a thing. I'll delete it for you <3 (I also actually did posit a question in the title, but you may not have correctly understood the grammar)

@Competitibia The AI learns from previous questions, so you could theoretically train it within the chat to focus on past scripts. It's knowledge is up to a point in 2021. A lot of people have already used earlier versions of it to do some wild stuff.
there you go lol, AI tools in programming, cool addition even for Open Tibia? (https://otland.net/threads/ai-tools-in-programming-cool-addition-even-for-open-tibia.283128/#post-2710495)
What makes your question so silly is that it already has been answered before plus any kid could google your question so this is obviously a silly and useless question from you, Even you could ask the AI itself LOL.

Last edited:
I couldn't find "many" posts about this. None on Discussion board. I guess this isn't a silly discussion at all.
Also ChatGPT doesn't feel like a discussion exclusive for programming stuff at all.

I find it particularly useful for lore creation. I lack creativity and interest for writing. That would be of great help.
I wonder how well it would go on more complex scripts like systems with states and modals or so.

Finally, OpenAI also develops DALL-E, an image generator. I tried to get something from it for Tibia but couldn't get anything useful from it. Maybe I don't know how to get something useful from it:
1675039065435.png

I couldn't find "many" posts about this. None on Discussion board. I guess this isn't a silly discussion at all.
Also ChatGPT doesn't feel like a discussion exclusive for programming stuff at all.

I find it particularly useful for lore creation. I lack creativity and interest for writing. That would be of great help.
I wonder how well it would go on more complex scripts like systems with states and modals or so.

Finally, OpenAI also develops DALL-E, an image generator. I tried to get something from it for Tibia but couldn't get anything useful from it. Maybe I don't know how to get something useful from it:
View attachment 73072
you need to feed it a lot and wasting our credits in process :( best way is to create unique hash e.g word tibia will relate to bone so preferably HEXADECIMAL Hash that it will be always tought when looking at images of spritesheets with data such as this is 32x32 this is 64x64 they are tilted in X direction but we are about atleast 100-200 years of computing power away from it to understand perspective properly ( it needs that power to generate it it already knows everything by the way because it is ENERGY((like(energy(energy)))) kinda thing in our universe xD

(tl;dr)
)this idiot aka chatgpt once it hears PIXELART
that shit gon be flat my tibian
it aint gon be different

The good thing with chatgpt is that the conversation is never over. If that code doesn't work or you want to modify it all you have to do is continue the conversation, you can correct chatgpt and it will just keep 'learning' within the context of your conversation. Sometimes you get stuck in a loop but that's just as much user error as chatgpt error.

I like the quest, it's a pretty simple quest but the style isn't very common at all for tibia so it would probably be a very positive new experience for players, you obviously just need to flesh it out quite a lot.

The good thing with chatgpt is that the conversation is never over. If that code doesn't work or you want to modify it all you have to do is continue the conversation, you can correct chatgpt and it will just keep 'learning' within the context of your conversation. Sometimes you get stuck in a loop but that's just as much user error as chatgpt error.

I like the quest, it's a pretty simple quest but the style isn't very common at all for tibia so it would probably be a very positive new experience for players, you obviously just need to flesh it out quite a lot.
Do you know if the learning it makes is considered if a completely different person asks it? If so a community with common goals might make good use of it.
I'd like very much to further see ideas and experiments on it.

Has anyone else tried to implement that into their game development workflows?
I mean, it's quite good at coming up with stories and guiding programmers to get the expectation met.
Or using chatGPT API on NPCs to respond to user conversations?

Has anyone else tried to implement that into their game development workflows?
I mean, it's quite good at coming up with stories and guiding programmers to get the expectation met.
Or using chatGPT API on NPCs to respond to user conversations?
Im using it fully on server it writes some scrips sometimes it uses fake functions i can revise ita code 10times until i get what i want its great for logic and syntax check
people who are hating on it are teachers that said u ain't gon have calculator
technology is going fast guys and this is better than text prediction we have in IDE to write functions etc. It can speedup workflows programmers are mad because things that took ages gonna take no time now. Its coming.

Last edited:
Back