• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster I can Host Ur OT!

joccE Shut up, lets talk with my dad and se whos has right, hes IT Techincal guy, ruled hes own company, just STFU, wil always be right about hosting..
fuck all ! xD

No you aint right ;)

Everyone knows that OTs i based on upload speed...

RAM is only needed when you're running a real tibia map..

You could easily run a 10-15MB custom with 200-300 players on a computer with a P4 with 1 GB Ram :)

Only thing needed is a good upload speed.

And just because your dad works as a IT guy he don't know a lot about tibia servers lol..
As him if when hosting something (Anything Webserver, ftp etc) if you need RAM or Internet speed :p

If he says RAM.. Tell him to quit :D

As stated before in this thread :) 1 Players need around 1-5kb/s :p and he's connection got 90 ;) just do the math

w8 a min.. 4 computer.. many routers? o_O I got 6 computers, 1 router(can have up to 4 computers) and 1 switch to the router.
So no wonder that the connection is so slow if you have like 1 router for each computer and a router to connect those 4 routers (5 routers?).
(THIS WAS JUST AN EXAMPLE)
And for those who says that 0.75mb/s = 75kb/s.... did you know that 1 mb is 1024 kb? -.-' he have ~750kb/s and as you have said (1kb/s/player) so ~750 players are able to play at his server, then ofc we have to remove some x kb/s for website and browser.
So I would belive that he can host a server up to 200 players without lag :p
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Thats kilobits you dumbass, and 0.75 mb is 1024*0.75=768 kilobits divided by 8 means he has 96kb/s

@husam
kb = kbit
kB = kbyte
and as he said: 1kb/s - which is 1 kbit. Would be another thing if he would say kB/s....
so please don't call me dumbass, by someone else misstake. Kind of importent to have a upper/lower case when you try to explain such "importent" matter.
So from my view he ment: 1kb(bit).

this thread went from an "application" to a discuss thread, that's a nice transform action :D

i meant 1KB to 5KB as in what most people measure download speeds in, you don't normally say "i'm downloading this film at 1mbps" you say "110KB/s"... or at least i don't anyway :p

Internet speed is measured in kiloBIT.
Data storage is measured in kiloBYTE.

I did a check and on average every played used between 1 and 2 kiloBYTE per second in transfer speed. But it may increase if they decide to spam a lot of text or work with a lot of items.
(1 text symbol = 1 byte of transfer)

And as we all know, 1 byte == 8 bits, thus to get the proper "transfer of data" speeds, you divide it by 8.

Now take his upload speed, divide it by 8 and then take into consideration this measurement of data transfer, and you get an average player count one can host without lag.

It doesn't matter if one claims one can host 1000 players on a dial-up connection, it's simply not possible. Period.

And thus, a 96kilobyte per second connection can only host so many players before it starts to lag horribly. Which is an average of 75 - 90 players depending on what they do on your server.

just want to point out that (if noone else already have done it) when you're saying 8gb ram you should also say their speed. Ex. 1066MHz

I can give you a half euro for a host :D

Becuse this is not good internet speed

REgards
ByllaN!

I managed to have 40 players online lagfree on a 0.43Mbps upstream.

But with 50 players, lag occured.

From my experience and calculations, your server can keep around 80 active players online without lag, 100 players with some lag, but still acceptable. 110 - 120 a bit to much lag.

3Ghz processor. NOTHING bad with that! I hosted 180 players online, about 12% CPU usage at MAX with 1.6Ghz processor.

His internet is the only thing that keeps him down.

Of-course, this is IF you use Modern AAC, and reduce upload consumed by loading webpages w/Pictures. (Using external hosts).

And mostly of players tend to train. So you might wouldn't notice it before it gets over 150 players.

I noticed it on my 0.43Mbps case, because I didn't use training room at that time, it was an rather old XML server and didn't have the good system they got these days.

Back
Top Bottom