• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ I can't find my source folder

Udun

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys sorry for this question, probably is very noob
I was following some tutorials that needs some source edits and I when I start seaching the ccp files on the source folder on my server I realized that I dont have the source folder for edit the files so I start to seach on the whole files and folders of the server and I couldn't find it XD

I use tfs 1.2, the server works and opens fine without problems so the sources must be somewhere!

Is any place where are like a hidden file o something like that? Does anybody know how to find it?

Thanks alot.

Solution
You're misunderstanding how sources work, there's nothing "read", you don't just throw a folder into your server files and things magically work. The sources are for you to compile the engine (the exe you're using), nothing else. All you need to do is redownload 1.2, follow the compiling tutorial (click Wiki on the GitHub repository) and follow the instructions for the OS you're using in order to compile the source files.
If you can't find it, it doesn't exist.
If you know you've never modified sources, then just go to the git repo and download 1.2 again.

@Delusion

yeah is a bit counfusing because in the past I was working with tfs 0.3 and edit the sources doesn't was a problem.

Now I have an src folder from another tfs 1.2 that I couldn't make work, my question is if I put that folder on my current server could work, like the server "reads" the folder? Or do I need download again a full tfs 1.2 with the folder inside? I tried to complile once but was a disaster, I had alot of troubles finding my current server. Is any possible way to put source folder and make it work? Btw I dont undersant how is working witout them, or are integrated in the dll's and the excecutable?

You're misunderstanding how sources work, there's nothing "read", you don't just throw a folder into your server files and things magically work. The sources are for you to compile the engine (the exe you're using), nothing else. All you need to do is redownload 1.2, follow the compiling tutorial (click Wiki on the GitHub repository) and follow the instructions for the OS you're using in order to compile the source files.

Solution
Should be near "data" folder if you compiled it yourself. Otherwise you have to redownload it from github.

@Delusion
Ok man, thanks for the answer, I told you that I was a noob, sorry for that xD
well I'm in a dead end because I wasn't able to compile the last time I tried.
This means that any time when I need to made a edit or an update in the sources I'm going to need complile again? Or once I compiled I will have the source folder the server and will be able to edit them from there? Im asking because on tfs 0.3.6 I never had this problem before.

Thanks!

Back