• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I can't login to my own server but others can.

Taywedge

Reaction score
When I had my IP set as 127.0.0.1 in config.lua I could easily login and play, but nobody else could obviously. Then when I changed my config.lua to my global ip (whatismyip.com) my friends could login but i couldn't. I have all the ports open that I need (obviously, because my friends can play on my server) and I've tried using my lan ip, 127.0.0.1, and my global ip (whatismyip.com) and nothing will work for me. My friends can login without issue using my global ip. Any help would be greatly appreciated with a + rep. This problem is pretty annoying

TFS 1.0 for client 10.41. The server itself is very stable and has never crashed. I just can't play with my friends at the moment..

@ Limos and dominique120 thank you for the help, but I tried to do what Mark said in the link you posted and I still couldn't login. I'm not sure if I did it right though.

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
# 192.168.1.66 142.59.141.98

^ That is what I have in my host file

@ Limos and dominique120 thank you for the help, but I tried to do what Mark said in the link you posted and I still couldn't login. I'm not sure if I did it right though.

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
# 192.168.1.66 142.59.141.98

^ That is what I have in my host file

Read the instructions at the top of the file. Lines starting with # are not counted.

Back
Top Bottom