• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I got a question

• Thread starter Deleted member 154984
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 154984

Hello im asking you mods or other memebers of the community here!

Is it okay to bump a thrend each 24 hours if im looking for a mapper and no one have write in my thrend?

And if its in the wrong section please move it i dont want to get a warning

If you have a thread and nobody has replied within or more than exactly 24hrs then yes and the first offense should be:

Types of punishments

1. Warning (non-recorded):

A post, visitor message, or private message by a moderator notifying you of what you did wrong. Moderators will guide you and inform you with what is the right thing to do and which rules you have broken. Possibly there will be a little addendum to inform you of an upcoming action in case you violate another rule.

Ohh but if my thrend have 2-3 pages of bump that is in 24 hours each will i still gett warning?

There is a new system which automatically merges your post to the previous one if no one else has posted and is within 24 hours.
This is to prevent people from spamming "bump".

I don't know what the situation is, now that people are arguing about it in the Feedback form.
I think bumping is a great indication that you're still requesting attention.

However, if your thread is still near the top on the first page, I don't see any point of bumping every 24 hours.

According to the rules, bumping a thread consecutively is spamming and doing it every 24 hours is also trying to avoid the merge system.

According to the rules, bumping a thread consecutively is spamming and doing it every 24 hours is also trying to avoid the merge system.

What are you talking about? Before the merge system existed, the rules were you are allowed to bump as many times as you want if there is a 24 hour distance between them?

Taluturen is the boss, why do you have the right to make rules like this when Taluturen said it is allowed?

What are you talking about? Before the merge system existed, the rules were you are allowed to bump as many times as you want if there is a 24 hour distance between them?

Taluturen is the boss, why do you have the right to make rules like this when Taluturen said it is allowed?

Don Daniello is the highest position on this forum after Tala. He does all the functions as Tala, because he is more active he replaces Tala (he is very busy). He also invented and implemented the support system by himself.

About the spamming thing, I really don't have anything to say. I also used to bump my threads but now I will have to wait for somebody else to do that for me.

Don Daniello is the highest position on this forum after Tala. He does all the functions as Tala, because he is more active he replaces Tala (he is very busy). He also invented and implemented the support system by himself.

About the spamming thing, I really don't have anything to say. I also used to bump my threads but now I will have to wait for somebody else to do that for me.

But if Taluturen ALLOWS it, he has no right to say anything about it, yet he makes up some rule saying its illegal whilst Taluturen allowed it? :S

It is illegal to do 15418754 times. If you read the previous text from another thread, Don merged all the bumps into one post so the warned user could see what he has done.

If you made a thread and someone posted on it a minute after you created it and then you reply to it saying "bump" I would give a warning. I have a feeling this is somewhat what happened to Fady.

But if Taluturen ALLOWS it, he has no right to say anything about it, yet he makes up some rule saying its illegal whilst Taluturen allowed it? :S
Please tell me when and where Talaturen actually stated that it is allowed?

Looking over the edit history of Fady's thread anyway he bumped over 20x between the 13th of November and the 22nd of November, that's not equal to 1 bump per 24 hours.

Post Comparison
Text Changes

Hello!
I need experienced mappers to do some mapping tasks for my server!
I'm willing to pay 100-150 euros in total.

RULES:
1. You have to do the mapping from scratch (I will provide detailed information)
2. The maps should be for my server only; it should not be released or used on other servers.
3. You have to be a well-known/experienced mapper.

Available Tasks:
1. Hunting Spawns: 35 EUR (Contact me for more information about this task).
2. Boss places: 25 EUR (Contact me for more information about this task).
3. Quests: 40 EUR (Contact me for more information about this task).
4. Cities: 25 EUR (Contact me for more information about this task).

If you're interested contact me on MSN/Skype or Otland(Private Messaging).
MSN: [email protected]

Kind regards,
Fady
-

Illusion is accepted.

Closed

Bump!
opened again, searching for another experienced mapper!

Bump!

Bump!

Bump :(

Bump!

Bump

Bump

bump!

I think its too hard to find an experienced mapper.

Closed :)

Bump!
Opened again, anyone's interested?

Bump!

Bump!

Bump

Bump!

Bump
no one is interested? :(

Bring
Up
My
bump

bump

bump :(

bump

bump :L

If you made a thread and someone posted on it a minute after you created it and then you reply to it saying "bump" I would give a warning. I have a feeling this is somewhat what happened to Fady.

He got banned for posting 4 bumps in a row after 24 hours each. Don~ thought he was smart.

Looking over the edit history of Fady's thread anyway he bumped over 20x between the 13th of November and the 22nd of November, that's not equal to 1 bump per 24 hours.

No I'm sure that it wasn't 20x in 9 days.
I shouldn't receive a warning for this, only if I told someone to post something then I bump then he/she deletes the post, that's the only abusing method afaik

I could be wrong about 20+ Fady, it's for sure over 13 though.

You could be wrong in 13 too, try getting the exact number please, normal can be 9 or 10 or 11, if its over that then I bumped FEW after a reply of an otland member and I don't think its a problem.
The only problem now is that don closed my thread cause he probably knows that I'm right.

Ridiculous.
If I'm in need of something and no one has posted in 24 hours (which is the merging time) then I want to let people know I'm still looking.

ALSO, if you, Don, regard bumping every 24 hours trying to escape the merging system, then why isn't the merging system for lifetime?
E.G. If the next poster is same as last, it will merge no matter what time slot.

Ridiculous.
If I'm in need of something and no one has posted in 24 hours (which is the merging time) then I want to let people know I'm still looking.

ALSO, if you, Don, regard bumping every 24 hours trying to escape the merging system, then why isn't the merging system for lifetime?
E.G. If the next poster is same as last, it will merge no matter what time slot.
Because there are some unspoken exceptions when it is not inappropriate to doublepost.