• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC I have an XML server, can I use MySQL for accounts/website?

XST53

Reaction score
Hello! The title says it all...

If so, how do I make this work? Do I need to create a database and place it in the data folder and then add my db name and password in the config.lua? If someone has a tutorial or knows how to do this, please let me know.

First of all, how did you even come across an old XML server at this point in time, it couldn't have been by accident... Is there a reason you want to use an old xml server but some how use sql? Also I can't remember but I feel like those old servers had the option to use sql, all you had to do was change an option in the config to SQL then use something like uniform server. As for a schema, good luck finding any of that these days, you may have to go through and build everything yourself.

First of all, how did you even come across an old XML server at this point in time, it couldn't have been by accident... Is there a reason you want to use an old xml server but some how use sql? Also I can't remember but I feel like those old servers had the option to use sql, all you had to do was change an option in the config to SQL then use something like uniform server. As for a schema, good luck finding any of that these days, you may have to go through and build everything yourself.
Hello, thanks for your response. It is an old server indeed, 7.6, it’s a very nostalgic server for me and some friends. I tried changing in the config.lua the ACC type from XML to SQL, and I know I need to put root and password in the SQL part as well as the database name, but am I supposed to make one? Can the schema from Avesta be used by just placing it in the XML server data folder? That’s the part that I don’t quite understand and need help with, I’m still trying to figure it out so I decided to ask here and see if anybody knows.

Back