• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I need an advice... Dedicated Hosting, Paying for good?

rockseller

Lua & .NET Programmer
Reaction score
Hi Otland.

I don't know if my post belongs to this part of the forum, i hope it is :wub:

I've a question about Dedicated Servers. I've been having bad lately, because i first bought a $70usd dedicated server from OVH.com something like that, then i waited 24Hrs. to they tell me that the service wasn't available for Mexico.

I was like WTf, now i have to wait 1 week to 1 month to get the money again.

They i tryed this service
Code:
http://www.server4you.com/us/index.php

They have good customer support, 3 hours after my payment i had my server running.

But

To be honestly, for what i'm paying i'm not fine with the service.

Code:
AMD Opteron 144

1024 MB DDR-RAM

2x 80 GB Hard Drive – Raid1

3000 GB Bandwidth

With windows server 2003.

The only good thing about this is the Bandwith Imo. I thought i could support 200 players at least without lag. I WAS WRONG. I can barley hand 100 players without lag.

But the problem seems to come from the Processor.
So i have some questions and i hope someone can help me:

1.- What are the specs required to run at least 200 players without lag?

2.- Do you know any service available worldwide wich provide cheap and good DServers?

3.- Do you think the lag in my server comes from the MAP wich is like 29mb~?

Hope you can help me guys, i'm desperate!

i dont think the map lags down the server after it loads from the server start up. Having a lot of items down on the map will lag the server.

Yes map does affect. some how it affect the ram. I think the ram is to small. Try getting 4gb ram. or else. But 1gb ram will not be good for 200 players. Thats my opinion... I host a server 24/7 NOT dedicate. and with a 4gb ram. 15mbps fiber. and I barely heard ppl have lag.

Now... Players can also have lag due their own internet. normally spain players at ur server will have lag. Not always but they will.

Did you know, that Zhtek.se (the swedish server) that runs 200, 300 players without lag is using allmost exacly same computer, processor and RAM that you got?

Windows Server 2003
1.8ghz dualcore
1012mb RAM

Back