• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I need some serious help!

dusant93

Reaction score
othelp.jpg

This is what happens.. I open the OT I just created (by downloading the map etc)
After 10-20 seconds, the loader just stops working and needs to stop (it's crashing).

Translation for non-swedish:
"The Forgotten Server had stopped working.
A problem made that the program stopped working correctly.
The program is shutting down and you need to message about it if there is any solution on the problem."

What's making this stop working? I'm very new about OT's, I had a 7.6 for some years ago and don't know so much about 8.6.

Additional info:
Real map
TheForgottenServer8.60V3

Thanks in advance!

I open the OT I just created (by downloading the map etc)

I was going to help but then read this. Another download and run member.. :/

Meh, i'll help anyway, it is probably your version, give me the link where you got your distro from i'll check it out

Meh, i'll help anyway, it is probably your version, give me the link where you got your distro from i'll check it out
How else can you get a real map, make it yourself?

Ontipic: Any posibility that your computer can't handle a realmap server?

Last edited:

Thanks alot for helping. I know I'm just one of "them". But I would like to learn it all, and I like to start somewhere. And I really appreciate your offering.

I do not remember where I downloaded it from, is there any other solution where you could help me? Either if I send it or something?

Thanks

How else can you get a real map, make it yourself?

Ontipic: Any posibility that your computer can't handle a realmap server?

Well, there could be that kind of reason. But I really doubt it. I got a really good computer and fast connection.

Then its probable the server that isn't working. You can btw also just download a normal 8.6 server and add the real map.

Yh basically what limos said, since that is what i was going for anyway, was going to check your server for bugs, anyway, it could be what limos stated originally and you may not be able to run a rl map..

But try another distro, that is 8.6, there are lots :)

Yh basically what limos said, since that is what i was going for anyway, was going to check your server for bugs, anyway, it could be what limos stated originally and you may not be able to run a rl map..

But try another distro, that is 8.6, there are lots :)

Which one do you suggest I should download?

Its a low chance that is the problem, but to be sure, you can try start a server with an other map, to see if you get the same problem. It is also possible that an other program is crashing it or that something on your computer is damaged. Can you still log in on other ots without getting any problems?

"The Forgotten Server 8.6 v3" was never released by the TFS developers. Your problem is you're using a server that some newb put together, by improperly modifying another version of TFS.

Back