• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua I need someone to know what this is.

di12345di

Reaction score
My server connects normally without errors is logged online between 150-200 players, there is time that out of nowhere he starts to save alone without stopping there starts to lock and kikar to all, then when I give close server the problem to, someone has Idea what could it be?

Disable /save command and auto save globalevent on your personal computer and test, if you have the same issue maybe is another scripts using code /save.

Check actions -> maybe players know bug and abuse clicking.

man not command !save omg http://www.mediafire.com/file/a4saez16y37dcp9/talkactions.zip

if you on linux just use grep/mc to find where is "save" being used

Could you check my server almost in full to see what can be send to you please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you check my server almost in full to see what can be send to you please?
what do you mean? I can understand portuguese incase you want pm me

Code:
cd <path to root directory of server data>

grep -ir --include "*.lua" "save" . > grep_results.txt

run these commands, of course change <path to root directory of server data> to correct path without "<>"

and show grep_results.txt after

what this guy is trying to say is:
Someone or something is calling the save players function over and over slowing down the server.
What's the best way to find out what script is calling this function?

thanks

you already have the results of where is the save being called, your next step is to check these result 1 by 1, you are looking for scripts that use these functions: "doSaveServer", "saveData", saveServer", what people that isn't sure normally do is disable them 1 by 1 and try

Just a nooby question here, did he check jis command log yet? Maybe some admin is screwing him?

There is only I with command permission and 1 friend of mine already put print does not have internet and does not talk, talkactions is not even /save the god and neither globalevents/ scripts/save understand?

I have already searched all the scripts and I did not find the function that will inform me of the save or something that has the name save, someone can verify if it can be my source?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4l95b2l2mdlwwch/source.zip

Last edited:
first check or you have the command /save (data/talkactions/talkactions.xml)
then if you do, replace save.lua for broadcast.lua.
click save and check or anything diffrent happens.
if theres a npc using the /save command he will now broadcast and you should see wich npc it is.

I think he isn't doing everything we are writing here.
Try to set your save.lua in data/globalevents/globalevents.xml from 2 hours to something lower, like 2 minutes.
This what I wrote, would help us understand is doSaveServer() function bugged itself in sources or the problem isn't related to that function at all.

I think he isn't doing everything we are writing here.

This what I wrote, would help us understand is doSaveServer() function bugged itself in sources or the problem isn't related to that function at all.
I have this server for 2 years and I never had this problem, someone is abusing this bug that was dead, and someone found out.

in talkactions.xml modify the words </save> for a command that only you will know.... example /savecustompassword so if there is a player that is logged on a gm account and sending save command, he won't be able anymore cause he doesn't know the command line, you got it ?

Back