• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I switched router/modem help!!

Frogq

Reaction score
hey everyone,

Like the post said I recently switched to a new modem/router (at&t 2Wire DSL Gateway Model 2701HG-B) 2 in 1. i figured out how to get the port open but forsome reason im still getting the connection timed out error. I fix this on my old router (Belkin F5D8236-4) by inserting the ip found when i went to start>cmd>ipconfig, into my old routers config. Unlike the old router this one does not have it. Does anyone have the same router i have that can give some advice?

well i had done this and I am sure it works pretty good, the only problem is that when other players try to log in they get the "connection timed out " I fixed on my old router by inserting the ip I found by going to start>cmd>then typing "ipconfig" inserting the ip i found there into here:

router2.jpg

This usually fixed my poroblem but with the new router i cant find this configuration so i can fix it, anyone who has the same router or knowledge is welcome to explain to me how to do it :p new router = (at&t 2Wire DSL Gateway Model 2701HG-B)

Enabled X (Mark)
Description: "Tibia"
Inboundport: 7171
Private IP address:
(As you said, go to Start -> RUN, type CMD, once in the console type "ipconfig".
IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.YYY
Where YYY are the last IP's digits, copy those into Private IP Adress.)

Private port:
7171 aswell

Type:
TCP

Then clic on Apply Changes.

I would also recommend adding these ports:
7171 UDP & TCP
7172 UDP & TCP
3306 UDP & TCP

lemme know if it worked

yeah that was the way my old router worked but now i got a new one (at&t 2Wire DSL Gateway Model 2701HG-B) and i cant find the place to add this step
"Private IP address:
(As you said, go to Start -> RUN, type CMD, once in the console type "ipconfig".
Where YYY are the last IP's digits, copy those into Private IP Adress.)"

I did some configuring on my new modem/router and got everything ready , or so i believe. Look:
protchekar.jpg

(^ using VAPus) But for some reason i still cant log in using 127.0.0.1, I dont think i need port 80 since its for a website

(update) with 127.0.0.1 it load the char list but wont let me log in ~connection timed out

Last edited:
I don't know the specific details for 2Wire models, since they vary from router to router.
But 2701 sounds familiar to me.

In any case, what you need to do is:
Start -> RUN,
type CMD, then IPCONFIG

Write down your "Default Gateway" (Doesn't matter if they are digits or letter)

Type that Default Gateway into your Internet Explorer address bar.
You will be redirected to a place where you should input your password or username (If a password has been set up already).
Once you are into that screen, take a Screenshoot, with "PrintScreen" key, then post it here.
In any case, with 2Wire routers, you need to enter home and security or something like that, but for further help, please post your router's screen.

yeah that was the way my old router worked but now i got a new one (at&t 2Wire DSL Gateway Model 2701HG-B) and i cant find the place to add this step
"Private IP address:
Where YYY are the last IP's digits, copy those into Private IP Adress.)"

I did some configuring on my new modem/router and got everything ready , or so i believe. Look:
protchekar.jpg

(^ using VAPus) But for some reason i still cant log in using 127.0.0.1, I dont think i need port 80 since its for a website

(update) well now it looks that i will let me log in with 127.0.0.1 but my friend is afk atm so he wont be able to help me out to verify that people can log in

Then why are you posting pics if you even have the belkin router? troll

You need to login from wichever router you are using configuration web
Its not really that hard, Basicly all routers have the same setting to add ports

Then why are you posting pics if you even have the belkin router? troll

You need to login from wichever router you are using configuration web
Its not really that hard, Basicly all routers have the same setting to add ports

new att modem is a combination (modem/router) I posted the picture of my old belkin router to explain that when ever i had the error "cannot connect to server" usually when i restarted my computer, I had to insert the ip i found from start>cmd>ipconfig into were the belking router picture shows "here". That always solved the problem. The picture from port scanner was from my new router. The picture shows that everything is working great, except that i keep on getting that "connection timed out", I need help finding were I can insert the Ip found from start>cmd>ipconfig just like i did on my old belkin router. With this my problems will be fixed. Except that i cant find were to insert this

Back