• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I wanna fund YOUR Server!

KikiRook

₆⁶₆NOS Titan₆⁶₆
Reaction score
Yup, You heard that right.. I'm looking to invest myself into some servers looking for better hosting with startup funds! If you're creating a fun awesome server but can't make the profits in order to start this server then Message me!
Or are you just looking for the funds to pay for help? like mappers or scripters but you have everything else you need.. Message mee!!!

The more interest your server gives me and the more details you provide on this server the more I will be funding you of course

*I will NOT be funding RL Servers, those can die.

Any type of server can die (fail), not just Rl servers.
I find it difficult for someone to put the server in the hands of a stranger, but good luck in your searching.

Any type of server can die (fail), not just Rl servers.
I find it difficult for someone to put the server in the hands of a stranger, but good luck in your searching.
I'm aware any server can die? I'm basically saying you can fuck off if you plan on hosting those

I'd also have 0 hands dipped into the server so i don't know what you're referring to but you can leave now, thanks.

Why does this sound to me that you're looking for some custom sprites, fully-made server sources, and its data for free? As soon as you get access to someone's files, you will no longer keep the partnership, we're aware of this kind of situations and it's sad that people will fall for it. I don't even know who you are and why would someone trust you.

Why does this sound to me that you're looking for some custom sprites, fully-made server sources, and its data for free? As soon as you get access to someone's files, you will no longer keep the partnership, we're aware of this kind of situations and it's sad that people will fall for it. I don't even know who you are and why would someone trust you.
He didnt mention even once that he want access to the files, so you are judging that on what?

He didnt mention even once that he want access to the files, so you are judging that on what?

Oh, no. I'm not just judging him, I'm judging everyone who offers such services even if it's for free or paid, this is just lame. I don't care if someone wants this guy to host their server, but I wanted to clear it out the risk they're taking in the first place.

I'm sorry for continuing to post off-topic.

Oh, no. I'm not just judging him, I'm judging everyone who offers such services even if it's for free or paid, this is just lame. I don't care if someone wants this guy to host their server, but I wanted to clear it out the risk they're taking in the first place.

I'm sorry for continuing to post off-topic.
I agree with @Nekiro.
He's offering funds (to pay for better hostings) and not a hosting service itself, he never stated to host anything. You shouldn't judge someone offering financial support for interesting projects he likes, there is nothing wrong about that. Anyhow every partnership must prove itself as trustworthy, anyone can decide whether to share access or not.

Let me clear this up for anyone slightly confused on the matter.. I want NOTHING to do with your Hosting, Nothing to do with your files, Nothing to do with your team or to be even apart of it.. I'm simply offering funding for servers Struggling to get a start and I just wish for you to show me what you have as in Start up a local hosted server and we'll hop on and play for abit and talk.. If the server seems like its worth investing money into and I think you're an alright person with good intentions then I will simply paypal you funds or however you prefer and we will get it started for public.. If your server seems to make it's start and funding comes in.. I'd obviously like to talk about % profit to compensate myself for giving you start up funding. Anyone Still confused for ANY reason feel free to private message me and we can talk more detailed.. Or you're just plain stupid and I don't honestly trust investing in that..
Post automatically merged:

I'm offering funding for
better hosting
Scripts you may need to pay to have made
Map ideas you may need to pay for
or ANY team oriented things you may have to pay for..
If it has to do with your server and you need money for it.. I'm all ears

Can i ask whats in it for you? :D

I am creating an custom ot atm, and have payed for some scripts etc and it hurts when its not even open for public because its alot to fix and test so far.
Ive payed for hosting in 2,5 months now and we are still just in testing/Beta phase :D
So trust me i know the struggle.
pm me if you are interested!

He said in his last post that its an investement. He said in original post that its an investment. And whats in it for him? look up the word investement.

For me this is completely fine and I see no problem with any of this. You go girl'(looking at avatar photo)

How big of an investment we are speaking about if you can share that information?

Maybe we could spin something off together.
I am willing to invest 16hours per week for scripting and documentation.
By documentation, I mean guides for feature configurations, business requirements, and process charts.

My main goal would be to improve my old project Whi World Engine and its documentation. Which is forked from TFS 1.x with slight changes.
The entire project would be open source.
The reason I will not use the original TFS is because of unscaleable architecture.
With Whi World, I solved content creation with configuration tables and automatic registrations.

I will create documentation and guides on how to create content on Whi World and use investments to pay for scripters to build out the ideas from the community.
Some money will go to C++ developers, mappers, hosters.
There is a slight possibility we get hosting for a very small fee. (I was getting free hosting offers several times)
C++ we need because some Lua systems I created should be moved to the source and I want to remove several useless features from the source.

As the first idea to get something out fast as possible we could take a random map, drop a random amount of monsters with random loot on map.
And people would spawn into a random place on that map and the goal is simply to find and kill all monsters without dying.
If they die, well game over, they have to start again with starting loot.

On the side, we could work on more custom events.

This server would be a mix of all ideas people have. A server where you eventually choose between multiple different events and gameplays.
Almost like a demo server of everything that could be created.
Since all of this is open source, other capable people could start taking parts they like and add them to their own story based custom servers.

Back