• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ice island

Fllawless

Reaction score
Hello, I made a Ice island just for a try, what do you think about it? (im not good with mountains) Its made 99% raw o_O

Pic 1:
iceisland2.png

Pic 2:
iceisland1.png

Comments please! :D

Well, what do you think about it? Or Petracyus Myth said his opnion allready but does it really suck it that much? =(

Well, it REALLY is made by raw only, and I fixed the shape abit (I think its alot better now)

iceisland3.png

iceisland4.png

Better? :D

ps. Its not my first time on mapping, but I havent mapped like any mountains :S

Not really the shape is just horrible and everything is too squary

thats the spirit
show them how good you will be it sux now but some weeks later you will be better!!
don't let me down my son...

:p

Who cares if it was made by RAW, are you just bragging or what?

It's a shame the OTLand community can't give constructive criticism anymore. I'd advice you to check out some threads from decent mappers with ice/snow based pictures, it usually helps you get inspiration.

Don't worry about people saying it sucks though, none knows how to do things without knowledge about it beforehand.

:)

Tips:
-Use Raw palette, it will help a lot when mixing items together (Walls, grass, borders, etc).
-Think about the colors you're using, this is a snow enviroment, so White is going to be the majority of the islands color.
It is okay to use things like Stone grounds in various parts of the map. Especially if its a snow island.
Also grass works okay in snow enviroments.
-Think about the enviroment you're making. Try to imagine it as what it would look like in real life, Trees, bushes, grass patches.
Don't try to map it as it what you thought it would look like in real life.

@Hokai, It does suck, but people saying it shouldn't make you quit mapping. There's always going to be a group of people that hate your mapping.
It's usual for a beginner mapping especially for one using mountains and a snow enviroment. Snow can be a pretty difficult enviroment to map.
Items are pretty scarce for it which sucks. CipSoft really should have added a lot more snow sprites.

@Fllawless
It is bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on it. As you're a beginner :p
I advise you to take a look at this threads.

Tilfen's mapping thread
Ethan's mapping thread
Darklord's mapping thread
Magnetico's mapping thread
Neon's mapping thread
Siramix's mapping thread
Aftonbladet's mapping thread
Eiserne Festung's mapping thread
Xadrian's mapping thread
My mapping thread

Goodluck :)

Back