• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Idea discussion

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
I havent really done anything with OT last 6 months or so, maybe 9 months. But I Always check the forums for exciting Projects, mapping or spriting.
And eventually you do something unusual and that leads to the birth of an idea that grow larger and stronger. Maybe not strong enough to be fun, but i feel the need to discuss it. Should I keep going with the idea or kill it instantly to save time in my end. Even if the idea is bad, It could make other minds doing something similar or see how to fix it and make the server themselves. Which is totally fine by me.

Most of you would proberly answer , "develop it and try it out". Because thats the only way to really know if it works or not.

But here goes.

#: All players would be allowed to have one health and one mana potion. This potion will start on 10s cooldown and low hp/mp gain on use.
-Upgrade - Gather specific Resources from the World in order to make your potions stronger.
--Lower the cooldown of your potions
--Increase the potent of the potions. (so they give more mp/hp on use)

#: All players will have a no-vocation status. Instead they pick the items they wish to use, and upgrade them to become stronger. - You are what you wear!
-Upgrade the items you wish by talking to an npc. Specific items and some gold coins will be required. Each item upgrade will increase the items level by 1.
--The higher the item level, the more expensive it would be to upgrade it to the next level.
--Each item level will increase your level 1. If you have items of which all of them are level 5 (Boots, Legs, Armor, 1H, Shield and Helmet) would result your level to be: Level 30.
--If you remove your items, you will loose level according to the item level that was removed.

Example of this happening: You upgrade your items until the total item level and level of your character is 20. You dont like this playstyle for some reason and wish to try something else. You remove Legs, Armor and Helmet. You switch to lighter armor, that in turn will increase your overall damage. But all those armors are level 0. You will go down in Power and level.

You still have your upgraded potions, weapon and shield so the farming of the required items you need to upgrade your new items will be easier than Before!

-Basically, this means that experience gain would be ZERO. You dont level up by killing the monsters and gaining xp. You kill monsters, loot stuff and upgrade your items in order to be stronger.

-The Death of a player would mean that they dont loose their equipped or soulbound items, or their potions. But they will have a seperate bag slot that can be dropped and looted by other players.

#: Items that has been upgraded once, or items with stats on it that has been equipped will be soulbound: This means that you can only put these items in specific bags that cant be dropped. The items can ONLY be moved to these special bag slots or Depot. Not houses, floor, or even traded to other people.

#:But the thing is, items can still be sold to other players: Just dont put it on Before you sell it!
-Stronger items can still drop from monsters, bosses and quests.

So, if you have any questions. ask:)

There's no such thing as a bad or good idea in my eyes. Go at it and see what happens and from the consequence make your judgement. Overall I like the idea of having no vocation and this system of 'get stronger by upgrading gear' however, if that is the only system put into play that can improve your character it could be very off putting to many players. In general these kind of custom/rpg servers aren't very popular which is very unfortunate as running one or setting one up takes hours of work whereas copy/paste servers where botting is allowed with 0 or minimal custom content are the most popular unfortunately. Also, there's very little rpg servers out there that are very publicly known that are good so I mean where botting is strictly forbidden/fought against and where there's absolutely no pay2win.

So like you've acknowledged it yourself, "develop it and try it out". Is the only way to go ;).

I mean you're probably gonna get all sorts of feedback since people like different things so I don't see the point in asking, also the sample you'll be given is miniscule and don't really amount to much and in the end pointless imo.

If you're asking whether it'll be successful then I'd say FenX gave an accurate answer where the majority of players only seek real-tibia content.
There are probably numerous teams already established that move from server to server that ONLY play real-tibia possibly with minor changes so already there you'll lose a lot of potential players.

The reality is grim for us developers who're sick of real tibia and wanna come up with something new and fresh, I'm on the same boat and wish custom server could get the popularity that they deserve; however I'm not gonna let that be an obstacle and give it a try anyway.

A good base to look for info on how many players are willing to try out RPG/Custom servers is "Rangers Arcani". Look at how much time they spent on their server and they are barely scraping by at 50-100 players(150 online record at launch) and this is at server launch which is the best chance to get a stable player-base, although I believe it might grow larger when they decide to re-launch but I highly doubt their player-base will go past 150 until then.

Although I'd say they failed to give directive on where to go and wtf you're supposed to do before/at launch and instead provided tutorials later where it's already too late and ppl have tried the game and don't wanna go back so perhaps they could've had more players. On the other end you have player praising this style and that it should be up to the player to figure it out for themselves.

Also their server is extremely slow-paced and this is unfortunantly also something (I believe this at least) that most players don't like. This is also because people who play tibia are too old to be able to spend time every day on gaming, I have friends who played tibia but quit cause they simply don't have the time and instead they play games that don't consume too much time. So if you're making a slow-paced server then you'll lose those players as well but that doesn't mean you should cater your server to their needs.

Edit:
Personally I like your idea and If I had the time to game everyday like a teenager then I'd definently give it a shot. The only thing I dislike is that you can't PK for gear which imo is one of the most fun aspects of tibia.

Last edited:
sounds like tibia battle royal... cool i guess. id probably try it out if it was advertised correctly maybe.

my idea is 3d tibia, with black people! if they make tibia 3d with the same monsters, spells, ect..... id be ok with a custom maps.

wish custom server could get the popularity
Private servers are not supposed to be popular. Most people think it's "unethical"/"illegal" (something along those lines)
MAYBE if CIPSoft allowed it, I am sure you'd see more players.
But, in 2019/2020, people want 3D, not 2D and perhaps a console with controllers not a keyboard and mouse.
Too bad I guess. I also wish custom servers are a thing instead of the same thing "pick druid, do homework (I mean tasks, ops:rolleyes: ), kill cycs, dragons, and finally DL's for the nice exp/hr ratio)

instead provided tutorials
Only for mechanics/ tibia client. As for hunting spots/map. I don't wish so. Let it be mysterious, or EVEN RANDOM. Random chests/quests/that change locations every day/week/month with a crazy random reward.

played tibia but quit cause they simply don't have the time
There should be a mechanic that if you start fresh, you're on the same "level-per-say" as someone who started a year ago.

you can't PK for gear which imo is one of the most fun aspects of tibia.
There should be a mechanic that if you start fresh, you're able to kill-solo someone who played for a year.

Some of the above may not attract some of the "kids" anyways. Which are the majority of the "customers".

At the end, you will do this even if the cost comes out of your pocket.😐

Last edited:
Thanks for feedback!

If you're asking whether it'll be successful then I'd say FenX gave an accurate answer where the majority of players only seek real-tibia content.
There are probably numerous teams already established that move from server to server that ONLY play real-tibia possibly with minor changes so already there you'll lose a lot of potential players.
I Think its more to have the correct player base for the correct server. Some players could hate the server, for reasons, and only play it to ruin it for other players, therefore making them quit the game.
I rather have fewer players that really enjoy it than more that just hops around for a small amount of time.

A good base to look for info on how many players are willing to try out RPG/Custom servers is "Rangers Arcani". Look at how much time they spent on their server and they are barely scraping by at 50-100 players(150 online record at launch) and this is at server launch which is the best chance to get a stable player-base, although I believe it might grow larger when they decide to re-launch but I highly doubt their player-base will go past 150 until then.
In my opinion, this is good. Like i just said, rather have a stable playerbase that loves the gameplay. A negative response is much stronger than a positive one. And people like to find negatives rather than positives.

Although I'd say they failed to give directive on where to go and wtf you're supposed to do before/at launch and instead provided tutorials later where it's already too late and ppl have tried the game and don't wanna go back so perhaps they could've had more players. On the other end you have player praising this style and that it should be up to the player to figure it out for themselves.
Like, what kind of server is it even, If its an rpg-style ish, exploration would be the main source to find places. Talking to some npcs and ask if they know the surroundings or if they have Heard any tales.
Tutorials on custom mechanics, is a different story and should be there at the beginning.

Also their server is extremely slow-paced and this is unfortunantly also something (I believe this at least) that most players don't like. This is also because people who play tibia are too old to be able to spend time every day on gaming, I have friends who played tibia but quit cause they simply don't have the time and instead they play games that don't consume too much time. So if you're making a slow-paced server then you'll lose those players as well but that doesn't mean you should cater your server to their needs.
There is plenty of players in all ages. There was plenty, plenty of old dudes playing when Tibia was Young, and they had time. This argument is common, and bad. Yet, in many cases, still valid.

Personally I like your idea and If I had the time to game everyday like a teenager then I'd definently give it a shot. The only thing I dislike is that you can't PK for gear which imo is one of the most fun aspects of tibia.
Nothing is set in stone. But i believe that if you gain levels by upgrading items, they should not be able to loose this by death. Only items that has not yet been upgraded nor used, can be dropped and looted from pvp.

But i see your point. It would make an interesting aspect to the server if this was applied. The strongest player may loose his best item, therefore he loose a lot of levels to his opponent, that in turn use it to become stronger.

There should be a mechanic that if you start fresh, you're on the same "level-per-say" as someone who started a year ago.
There should be a mechanic that if you start fresh, you're able to kill-solo someone who played for a year.
This is easily achieved by making the starting items better for players that started at a later date. But obviously not as strong as the current items.

I was confused to why you were asking and therefore gave some general idea on how my thought-process would look like and different possible of audiences that might not be able to/want to play this type of server.

From my understand you are only looking for feedback if your idea is viable, playable and if some people find it interesting but your goal is not necessarily for it to become popular. So since I only touched that portion briefly I would like to expand on it some more.

The potion idea is great, infinite healing(basically) in tibia imo is dumb meaning if you can't kill someone in a very small time-frame then you can't kill him period. I'm working on my own custom server as well and I've also made healing more limited.

I also like your gearing idea and when I said you should be able to kill someone for gear I actually meant anything that could be very profitable making PK a fun aspect of looting, doesn't specifically have to be gear. Maybe crafting materials, I'm sure you'll come up with something if you have the same opinion to this statement.

What's your plan on spells since you have no vocation?
Have you started working on this project?

I hope more people give their opinion so you'll have more samples to work with, hopefully this might get some discussion going.

Edit:
The argument that less people have time to play stems from the fact that tibia doesn't have the amount of young players that they did back during its peak, and its the people in their 10's that have the most free-time. This doesn't mean people in their 20+ don't have time just that many less do compared to younger ones.

If you disagree to anything please feel free to leave a comment, I'll be glad to hear your opinion.

Last edited:
I was confused to why you were asking and therefore gave some general idea on how my thought-process would look like and different possible of audiences that might not be able to/want to play this type of server.
General thoughts about the custom tibia servers is Always welcomed and should indeed be discussed more.

The potion idea is great, infinite healing(basically) in tibia imo is dumb meaning if you can't kill someone in a very small time-frame then you can't kill him period. I'm working on my own custom server as well and I've also made healing more limited.
Not really mine, played some mobile games and found a version of it in a singleplayer game and thought it could work in Tibia, if done correctly.
And the thought of it, in pvp at least would be that a players potion cant out heal the incoming damage from Another player. Unless it is updated enough.

I also like your gearing idea and when I said you should be able to kill someone for gear I actually meant anything that could be very profitable making PK a fun aspect of looting, doesn't specifically have to be gear. Maybe crafting materials, I'm sure you'll come up with something if you have the same opinion to this statement.
I like it.
To make it a fun part of the game, and not like a scary part that upon Death, hours of playtime is lost.
Looting a dead player, would work like opening a quest chest out in the World. But, to make it balanced and not abused amongst friends the following could be done:
#01: A dead/killed player can only be looted once, and will give the first player to open the corpse to get reward, depending on the level of the dead player. The higher level the dead player is, the bigger reward.
--And the reward would be gold and creature Products that is used to upgrade your own items.
--Or the reward is depending on which creature Products the dead player had in his backpack during time of Death.
#02: If the player has been alive more than 1 hour(online-time), he will again drop items upon Death that can be looted once. (If he dies in PvE, he could hurry back and get his items that was lost when he died, unless anyone else took it)

What's your plan on spells since you have no vocation?
Have you started working on this project?
Spells would be activated and gained depending on which items you are using. And the strenght of the spells would be bound to specific items. Stronger items gives more powerful spells.
The good side of this is you can specify on which type of vocation you wish to become and be strong in that part of the game.
The other good side is, if you wish to do a Little bit of Everything, that should be possible - but keep in mind you would only be mediocre in Everything and not Amazing.

No i have not started on the Project. It is still just this discussion thread and in my head.

The argument that less people have time to play stems from the fact that tibia doesn't have the amount of young players that they did back during its peak, and its the people in their 10's that have the most free-time. This doesn't mean people in their 20+ don't have time just that many less do compared to younger ones.
Oh, you meant like Tibia only. I was talking generally about all games thats currently being played in the world:)
And yea, Tibia does not get that many new players, and most definetly not youngsters. They dont see the beauty that lies in Tibia. Everything should be delivered on a golden plate with really good Graphics, then they would play.

Last edited:
Back