• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Idea for characters list like RL Tibia.

I like this idea but it's a lot of work xd and probably would cause server crashes
Cause crashes? I sence that you aren't an experience tfs user...

Pro:
  • Wouldn't have to change IP to connect to the other server.
  • In newer (or custom) TFS versions they probably wouldn't have to run both servers on the same dedicated server which would negate some of the points listed on contra

Contra:
  • Would probably have to upgrade their dedicated server (extra costs etc.)
  • In case of DDoS attacks both servers would die at the same time
  • Running 2 servers on the same dedicated server causes more workload for MySQL which can result in slowness

Not sure if it's worth it, to not having to change the IP.

Well the pro is probbly that they could save money, they could buy one server with better specs then 2 with the same specs.

Would be cheaper then having 2.
True thats the only downside.
Well it could in extreme cases but do you notice any major "slowness" on twitter, facebook, google etc?

The best would probbly be to have another server added that handles all the connections and homepage etc. That way they could use 2 servers and only the homepage would be effected in case of ddos since the ip is hidden and you get the static ip when you connect to the new server.

But the only way to actually get the best would be to have it as it is, DDoS could affect both servers in case they use the same server, but still have there been any major DDoSs attacks except 1 since they started?

Cause crashes? I sence that you aren't an experience tfs user...
Actually im not I work in construction not computers but I have seen servers that have this with tfs and chrash but your to ignorant to bother asking

Actually im not I work in construction not computers but I have seen servers that have this with tfs and chrash but your to ignorant to bother asking
Ive seen servers that dosen't even have any players online crash, where are you going with this?
Anyone who knows how to program also knows its so stupid easy to make a server crash if it isen't scripted correctly.
And my guess is that Mark who actually created tfs 1.0 knows how to program that, don't worry.

Ive seen servers that dosen't even have any players online crash, where are you going with this?
Anyone who knows how to program also knows its so stupid easy to make a server crash if it isen't scripted correctly.
And my guess is that Mark who actually created tfs 1.0 knows how to program that, don't worry.
You seem very hostile and angry solution get some air and go outside thank you

You seem very hostile and angry solution get some air and go outside thank you

Haha funny guy, all that I said is that Mark would not have any problems at all with creating a multiworld server, anyone with experience can do that, my guess is that the ots you have playd with multiworlds haven't been setup correctly.
So don't worry if he wants to create a multiworld server it won't be any problems and the servers won't be crashing all the time.

And I guess you called this "hotile and angry" - "Anyone who knows how to program also knows its so stupid easy to make a server crash if it isen't scripted correctly."
The thing is that with any ot server you can make it crash via one script, thus my guess that you haven't been playing servers with experienced scripters.

Haha funny guy, all that I said is that Mark would not have any problems at all with creating a multiworld server, anyone with experience can do that, my guess is that the ots you have playd with multiworlds haven't been setup correctly.
So don't worry if he wants to create a multiworld server it won't be any problems and the servers won't be crashing all the time.

And I guess you called this "hotile and angry" - "Anyone who knows how to program also knows its so stupid easy to make a server crash if it isen't scripted correctly."
The thing is that with any ot server you can make it crash via one script, thus my guess that you haven't been playing servers with experienced scripters.
Who are you trying to impress cause nobody on this forum cares...

iirc this is not hard at all, but there is already two servers, on two dedicated (?) and many people have same account on both server and same name, I think this is the main reason why they don't put it in server...

Back