• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Idea] Hunger Games mini-game

samco

4x4 Developer.
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello OTLand,

I just though a mini-game based on the Hunger Games would fit perfectly on Tibia.

I dont know if some of you know Minecraft and his minigames, but it haves hunger games minigame too, and it would be easy to reproduce it in Tibia.

1.- What is Hunger Games?
Well, if i have to explain this quickly: X persons joins the event, and they all get TPed to a certain room, in a circle, surrounding a central chest. The map is that central room but also open nature, mountais, etc. There are a central chest on the spawning room, and some more chests hiding all over the map (This could be random or not, not sure). Inside all chest will be RANDOM equipment, supplies as runes, food, potions, and maybe other special things made for the game.
You have to survive X minutes or untill there are only 2 of you, then all players left are teleported again to the central room, and they have then no scape. They have to fight till death.

The winner will have his reward ^^.

2.- Maps.
The script should be able to add different "maps" for the event. You can have just one in jur server, or 10, and make a just-hunger-game server.

Is someone interested in this kind of events? I could start writing this soon, and all help will be appreciated.

Comments!!!

Hello, i have already created this event (inspired from the minecraft style of hunger games) into a mini-game experimental server before, i am not sure whether i should publish it tho.

Hello, i have already created this event (inspired from the minecraft style of hunger games) into a mini-game experimental server before, i am not sure whether i should publish it tho.
Thats on you ^^

If there are some people interested in this, and nothing is already released (i checked a bit, didnt see anything out), I'll start scripting.

alright, i'll decide on that. could take some time to clean up the code and release it tho :p

meanwhile u can write down your ideas in details in case you have more features to add and stuff

alright, i'll decide on that. could take some time to clean up the code and release it tho :p

meanwhile u can write down your ideas in details in case you have more features to add and stuff
Sure i will as they come. Im at work right now, thats why there are not much info on main posts, ill keep updating ;)

The first thing should be done: Remove all equipmento from players then give back when event's done.

Sure i will as they come. Im at work right now, thats why there are not much info on main posts, ill keep updating ;)

The first thing should be done: Remove all equipmento from players then give back when event's done.
very easy solution: allow players enter with no equipment.
simple solution with a "wut happens if no room in depot": clones each item, places it to depot and then deletes all the items from player.
a bit trickier: creates virtual copy of all items to table. Deletes all items from charcter. upon failing event or logging off, removes all the items gathered in game and creates the cloned items from table.

very easy solution: allow players enter with no equipment.
simple solution with a "wut happens if no room in depot": clones each item, places it to depot and then deletes all the items from player.
a bit trickier: creates virtual copy of all items to table. Deletes all items from charcter. upon failing event or logging off, removes all the items gathered in game and creates the cloned items from table.

It's better to use depot for a couple of reasons:

1. a virtual table will be lost if the server restarts for any reason (crash, scheduled restart, etc) or even a reload (a reload of the script will nullify all variables)
2. a server may have custom items stats like custom names, attack, def, armor, you name it. cloning it into a depot would be much better.

alternative (less advanced but less confusing) method is to transport the players into a waiting/preparation room with a teleport and many depot boxes. the teleport will not allow any player with items to step through, asking them to manually put all their items into the depot. atleast now they won't cry and ask about what happened to their gear if the script did it automatically XD

It's better to use depot for a couple of reasons:
that is why I said its a bit tricker, but still doable.
got the point there with loosing virtual table.
Then, we can simply just create a database table. or use depot as temporary itemholder. (which is almost the same like 2nd option of mine, the difference is that upon leaving event items are requipped)
server may have custom stats and whatnot. So what? we can still copy the item and everything will be exactly the same expect unique id, but who in the right mind sets unique ID to item what players can carry around.

Then, we can simply just create a database table. or use depot as temporary itemholder. (which is almost the same like 2nd option of mine, the difference is that upon leaving event items are requipped)
server may have custom stats and whatnot. So what? we can still copy the item and everything will be exactly the same expect unique id, but who in the right mind sets unique ID to item what players can carry around.
Yeah i though about storing them somehow better than dp.

even tho a database table would be nice, i personally favor to do most (if not all) of the work in scripts for easy future management :p who knows when tfs 2.0 will come out and have a completely new database scheme.

i also just had a new idea that will add onto my previous one:

- if the script is going to automatically move the items from the player into the depot, it would be best to put them inside a container with a special actionId or uniqueId, like a marker for the script to find said container and only use it to re-equip the player after the event is finished.

for example:

player 1 joins the event -> all his gear are removed and put inside a box with a size larger or equal to 10 (since the player has 10 slots total) -> give the box an actionid of 1337 and put it in his depot -> after the player is done with the hunger games event. all the gear he acquired in the event will be removed -> script will look into his depot for a box with itemId and actionId to avoid finding/using a wrong container -> get all the items and requiping it onto the player

Tada!

even tho a database table would be nice, i personally favor to do most (if not all) of the work in scripts for easy future management :p who knows when tfs 2.0 will come out and have a completely new database scheme.

i also just had a new idea that will add onto my previous one:

- if the script is going to automatically move the items from the player into the depot, it would be best to put them inside a container with a special actionId or uniqueId, like a marker for the script to find said container and only use it to re-equip the player after the event is finished.

for example:

player 1 joins the event -> all his gear are removed and put inside a box with a size larger or equal to 10 (since the player has 10 slots total) -> give the box an actionid of 1337 and put it in his depot -> after the player is done with the hunger games event. all the gear he acquired in the event will be removed -> script will look into his depot for a box with itemId and actionId to avoid finding/using a wrong container -> get all the items and requiping it onto the player

Tada!
Thats a nice workaround and pretty user-friendly.

The database table would be a new one, so it wont merge with TFS scheme. And players wont have to click anywhere :p

Keep in mind that i am talking with TFS 1.2 capabilities in mind :p just saying.

Keep in mind that i am talking with TFS 1.2 capabilities in mind :p just saying.
Yes sure, but if you create separated tables, it will never be in conflict with the TFS tables. So they can change all the table schema and this will still work

What do you mean? it takes like few minutes to add new table to database and all you have to do is write correct query to use it correctly.

With the depot solution it still makes me wonder, what happens if player depot is full?

The database table would be a new one, so it wont merge with TFS scheme
once again what do you mean with merge. I added highscore table to my database and i update it with LUA queries.
Only thing what changed from updating from TFS 1.0 to 1.2 was getDataInt() to getNumber() function (prolly some more things but this what i had to change and everything still works perfectly)

Thats exactly what i mean.
once again what do you mean with merge. I added highscore table to my database and i update it with LUA queries.
Only thing what changed from updating from TFS 1.0 to 1.2 was getDataInt() to getNumber() function (prolly some more things but this what i had to change and everything still works perfectly)
Thats exactly what i mean. Even if TFS update itself, the system will still work (maybe minor changes) buts its fetching the data from his own table, not TFS related.

lel, I though you have the entire system done by now xD
For what TFS version you planning to do it if ever?

lel, I though you have the entire system done by now xD
For what TFS version you planning to do it if ever?
Lastest from git. Should be working >1.1

I'm not coding a shiat right now, i leave my home at 8.30 and come at 18:30 (yesterday it was later and i went away with my gf lawl) .

Anyway, ill code this on my spare time for sure if ppl like :)

Lastest from git. Should be working >1.1

I'm not coding a shiat right now, i leave my home at 8.30 and come at 18:30 (yesterday it was later and i went away with my gf lawl) .

Anyway, ill code this on my spare time for sure if ppl like :)
ppl like. I do. But i just wont use it xD
Does not fit to my server at all right now.

Back