• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Idea] imgland.net

WibbenZ

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, who is the owner of imgland.net? Does it have any connection to otland?

Was thinking about how ppl are getting pist off when speedyshare removes the files, or making them premmy.
While imgland have pics that are like 2-3YO.

Why not try to setup something like speedyshare, easy to upload, no reggo or connected to otland, and accept donations?
I think it would help alot with dead links, depending on the monthly cost of the server.

Its pretty much everyday ppl write messages "reupload plzzzz"..

And please don't tell me "there are other places to upload" - I know that, but you either have to wait 30 sec to download, donate, or have to register to upload.
What do you guys think - Would you donate a couple of euros from your donation income towards something like this?
Regards

Why not just upload to OTLand? I'm pretty sure you can attach files to your posts, no?

You can, but not that big files if I remember correctly. Or how does github work? Would it be posible to upload files there without them getting removed if no one constributes to the project?
@Feloth @Mark

Feloth is retired and Mark doesn't know the future of imgland (if there is any) therefore this seems way out of question.

Best thing to do is start a site yourself.

Feloth is retired and Mark doesn't know the future of imgland (if there is any) therefore this seems way out of question.

Best thing to do is start a site yourself.

True, the only problem would be the money for the server, how would you gain money on a project like this? And how big of a harddrive would we need? Etc.

True, the only problem would be the money for the server, how would you gain money on a project like this? And how big of a harddrive would we need? Etc.
Support and donations I guess. Or your own pocket.

Yeah, probbly and thats why it won't happen, seeing as ppl dosen't even donate towards otland.
Even so,
I think there is enough uploading sites that people can use aside from speedyshare.

Even so,
I think there is enough uploading sites that people can use aside from speedyshare.

Problem is still that you either have to way 30 seconds to download for free, or the links dies after a couple of months.

https://mega.co.nz/
Is from the same owner of Megaupload, the site is hosted in New Zealand, so there is no worries about laws, the U.S government can't do shit to this page as they did to the original Megaupload, also this guy studied pretty well the laws and all that after all the shit that happened.

The page doesn't have ads and all that shit, and also I pretty much like how it works, it looks neats and it works as a cloud storage.

Last edited:
- Don't need donations, don't need comercials, don't need filehosting.
- Need less bloating in ImgSnapper, Need better way to connect computers together and share images, Need suggestions from people using it.

Back