• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Idea & Sprite stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbantlr

Reaction score
http://otland.net/f251/cs-war-tibia-98320/

This project stole my project's sprites and I would like to ask if someone could do something against this e.g. removing his thread.

I got a hosted forum on OTfans, my spriters are the official owners and they never allowed him to take them.

The Last Resistance

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I hope this is the correct section. I didn't really think this would qualify a report or something.

Last edited:
An idea, can't be reported as ripping. As then you were the first ripper, who took the counter-strike idea.
But in case the sprite was stolen, you can contact Mock for a confirmation about where he managed to get the sprites, more than that are you not able to do.

As I'm pretty sure you did not purchase a copyright on the sprites, right?

An idea, can't be reported as ripping. As then you were the first ripper, who took the counter-strike idea.
But in case the sprite was stolen, you can contact Mock for a confirmation about where he managed to get the sprites, more than that are you not able to do.

I did not rip them. I'm the owner of those sprites since I'm the project leader of TLR and those sprites are made for it.
He took them without permission that's my point.

A creation's rights go to the creator after the creation is completed. He doesn't have rights.

So it would be nice if something could be done against his thieving.

EDIT: TLR is apocalyptic zombies btw.

Last edited:

You do not need to buy some fucking copyright. Please link a source about that.

Copyright is a set of exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. Copyright does not protect ideas, only their expression or fixation. In most jurisdictions copyright arises upon fixation and does not need to be registered. Copyright owners have the exclusive statutory right to exercise control over copying and other exploitation of the works for a specific period of time, after which the work is said to enter the public domain. Uses which are covered under limitations and exceptions to copyright, such as fair use, do not require permission from the copyright owner. All other uses require permission and copyright owners can license or permanently transfer or assign their exclusive rights to others.
The bold part, is the most important for this discussion.

Ideas can't be protected by copyrights, only for what they do (express/opinion I guess)
Also if your sprites was stolen then it's probably because you made them public. To be safe always add a watermark or simply set a copyright on those sprites.

Ideas can't be protected by copyrights, only for what they do (express/opinion I guess)
Also if your sprites was stolen then it's probably because you made them public. To be safe always add a watermark or simply set a copyright on those sprites.
Watermarks can be removed, even if they were shown in the public they are still copyrighted. Read the post prior to yours, you'll understand.

Edit:
Problem solved thanks to me
http://otland.net/f251/cs-war-tibia-98320/index9.html#post1010996

Last edited:
most sprite's where made by me and are made by me, and urbantlr is indeed the owner.
most sprite's are already over a year old some are new. way befor that CS thing was made.

This is my otfans threath for my sprite's
spoof-ghost's sprites

and this one of the biggest threaths on otfans the project wich it is about
Wich started olmost 2/3 years ago..
[Request] Modern Sprites

so you got your sources
also some sprite's can be found in eather trips or joah's sprite section.

Last edited:
Cybershot, your merely idiotic. So, according to your naiveness; artists from the site deviantart.com, can't be copyrighted? All art, no matter the style or presentation is under a privacy copyright, which in court you can release your work and be lawfully safe.

In, Spoof Ghost's thread; he clearly states they aren't for public use. So, the privacy copyright is applied in this case. So, leave with your false pretenses.

By the way, I will say it here too. If nothing is done with this server. I promise this server will never be up for more than a few days.

Cybershot, your merely idiotic. So, according to your naiveness; artists from the site deviantart.com, can't be copyrighted? All art, no matter the style or presentation is under a privacy copyright, which in court you can release your work and be lawfully safe.

In, Spoof Ghost's thread; he clearly states they aren't for public use. So, the privacy copyright is applied in this case. So, leave with your false pretenses.

problem is this is mixed with tibia stuff :p
now you expect Mock to go to court for using sprites in a public thread where anyone can use asd

By the way, I will say it here too. If nothing is done with this server. I promise this server will never be up for more than a few days.
lolz u will ddos :p

It doesn't matter if anyone can use it, it is still under a privacy copyright. I can post all of my work here, and it will be safe because if someone rips it; they will be brought to court. Ripping sprites from the tibia client itself is illegal and using the tibia client to connect to an open tibia server is illegal. So, what are you talking about.

By the way, if you actually knew me and talked to some of the people over at my friends at OTFans. Then, you know that I will not DDoS. Any pre-teen can DDoS.

It doesn't matter if anyone can use it, it is still under a privacy copyright. I can post all of my work here, and it will be safe because if someone rips it; they will be brought to court. Ripping sprites from the tibia client itself is illegal and using the tibia client to connect to an open tibia server is illegal. So, what are you talking about.
don't contradict yourself, this
well ok, you go to court, sue, etc
judge sees open tibia, scripts, own-made sprites, gnu, ok np
now, using those sprites for cipsoft client, modifying cipsoft's tibia client, illegal??!! case denied or even worse, etc
well laws are not the same at all countries or are not applied the same way everywhere :p

chojrak can help me replying :p

right ok ... so your not even gonna give credits dude? i see my sprites are also there... very very lame dude

right ok ... so your not even gonna give credits dude? i see my sprites are also there... very very lame dude
If you have not noticed, Mock didn't know those sprites were not for free use, he got them from a BR thread from an user who did not even post credits. Just some weeks or months later this thread is made and this is known. What I just say is don't be hard on Mock, he or CS War Tibia has not used these sprites intentionally stealing them, they did not know about the forbiddance.

lol if i were mock i'll still using this sprites, i hate when ppl release sprites in public forums, and then they start complain about some one who stole it, but why they don't clomplaint about the pokemon online servers? they all stole sprites from PO br.... and what about normal tibia servers, we r using cipsoft sprites, but thats ok for us right? ^^ so fuck off!

I'll talk with Mock personally. Luckily he isn't ignorant.

By the way, if you actually knew me and talked to some of the people over at my friends at OTFans. Then, you know that I will not DDoS. Any pre-teen can DDoS.

yes that is true, but not every country has the same laws.

pff this is going nowhere..

@ThaCore
mind your own stuff.. you can yell whatever you want its just wrong

but why they don't clomplaint about the pokemon online servers
they also edited work i made, and i made them know i din't liked it but i coun't really care at that point. beside it where just a few things.
but they could also go complain to those who took there stuff but if you ask me most sprites where just ripped from other games. but i don't care the idea is great

and what about normal tibia servers, we r using cipsoft sprites, but thats ok for us right?
yea thats the point its not oke. we on the other hand try to get ride of those sprite's by creating our own..

so fuck off!
whats the point of this? , how old are you 10?

@Cybershot
If you have not noticed, Mock didn't know those sprites were not for free use, he got them from a BR thread from an user who did not even post credits. Just some weeks or months later this thread is made and this is known. What I just say is don't be hard on Mock, he or CS War Tibia has not used these sprites intentionally stealing them, they did not know about the forbiddance.

well the problem is every thing always end up on the BR forms if you ask me? anyway he could have know i had a threath here and otfans with sprites and even screenshots of our ot. so if he had look into the sprite section he could have known.

oke well i hope we can stop this disscution soon becouse it atracts flamers from all over the place. ( who clearly don't know how mutch work it is )
and only trying to get things worse for the sake of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back