• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gamemaster Ideal gamemaster looking to join a server

Rose

Reaction score
Here is my app, I omitted a few things on the app and if need be I can disclose omitted details after.
I implore you not to judge me based on the amount of posts I have and ETC.

Sort-of irrelevant;
This account was made in 2007 and I've been on Otland since the site was made.
Never really got involved with OT sites [neither otfans, tibiafans],
Simply because I didn't feel the need to at that time nor could I have contributed anything useful when I was much younger.

Name - Prefer just using a handle name as I am trying to seperate online with real life.
Age - Unless I really need to disclose this, I'd prefer not to as I don't want to be judged based on my age.
Logic and truth remain constant whether you are 10 or 100 years old.
Time zone - GMT -8 / PDT
Online Time - Bare minimum duration of being online - 2 hours to a maximum of 48+ hours [tendency to stay up a lot].

A few things about me
- I am very loyal, you just need to give me a chance to show it.
- Honesty is one of my saving grace as I dislike two faced people
- Humorous from time to time to lighten up the atmosphere
- Perfectionist in regards to the things i do
- Very Creative through watching, reading a vast majority of things
- Mature / Disciplined through RL experiences / volunteering work
- Quick learner / fast thinker
- Responsible, high tolerance & Impartial
Despite all that; still quite easy to get along with.

How do you work with other people?
I know the best times to approach people or either to back off completely as I have experienced a lot.
Utilizing my own experience, logic, humor and a few other things, I get along with most people.

I am neither racist or homophobic. I am only well versed in English as I can only speak other languages but not type / write.
Although not too relevant, I am agnostic and I have a firm belief of meritocracy; authority granted to only those who are worthy.

Skills
In relation to OT development; None I could 'proudly' boast of.

Mapping
I'd say mapping but I wouldn't really consider myself a mapper due to how I've only ever mapped for my own server in 2007,
And all I did was glean ideas from looking at OT sites and created similiar or further cleaned / edited versions of them.
I wouldn't call it plagiarizing? As I would never rip things off and pass it off as my own.
Applying common sense, logic and some creativity was what I did when I was 'mapping' for my own server.
- Using the right walls / matching stairs
- Change things if it look too square-y
- Not wasting tiles to lower map size in general
Such as; using bare minimum 'earth' in caves up to the point where players can't see the utter black void - lower map size
Click here to see what I mean

Scripting
I'm not a scripter but I can say I have a tiny bit of experence?
Utilizing logic, I merely took existing / released scripts and edited them to do things I wanted or needed.
Simple terms - copy and pasting but making sure there were no unnecessary lines or errors in the script overall,
Or either just making scripts from scratch by looking at an array of scripts and there functions / behaviour.

Skills I lack / skills I am unable to learn, I try to make up for with hardwork;
- All chats always opened
- Answer questions to the best of my ability
- Take appropriate action for anything that may occur or any rule violation
- Follow the rules to the fullest extent and try to influence others to as well

Experience
- Played tibia since 7.4 and have been playing on and off up till 8.6 and have visited two times on the 9.0's,
- Hosted a server in 2007-2008 called LunaOT [in Canada] with around 50-70 players daily simply utilizing;
An average home internet connection, common sense, logic and dedication.
I closed the server down later on simply because I had no means of receiving donations nor owned a dedicated server to host on.
And I didn't want to look for a hoster simply because I wanted to do everything alone [which I did up until I closed it down]
- Managed my own server very well on a daily basis with minimum assistance [2 tutors which volunteered to help new players]
- Well versed with forums and have experience being a Moderator on several player hosted private servers & company managed games
- Respectable gamemaster on other game private servers like M**lestory in the past

What I am looking for in a server
- No abusive staff
- An 'active' community
- A few players who type / speak English
- A map that doesn't look like it was done half-assed

My motive
- Gamemaster in-game / Moderator if there is an active forum
To enjoy myself first and foremost.
Being needed, being helpful, being immersed in something is all part of enjoying myself.

Why you shoud hire me
I can be really devoted to something if it looks like it is worth my time / effort.
Coming on a lot everyday to weed out rule breakers, maintaining a tranquil gaming environment without getting too involved with the player community.

I seperate personal life with online, as I won't rage online due to something happening in real life because I have good self control.

I can be helpful in-game and off the game; through forum or site chat if there is one.

I am good / quick at problem solving, resolving problems that might bother other players as swift as possible.

I actively check on other players to see if there are any illegal behaviour going on [botting, bug abusing, etc].

All in all, I put my everything into the things I do and I know I am a good candidate that you are possibly looking for.

Last edited:
Based on your application, even without experience, you seem to be fit to handle staff. Either that or you can play on words really well ;)

Based on your application, even without experience, you seem to be fit to handle staff. Either that or you can play on words really well ;)

Or maybe both? :$
I've been admin on several private servers for other games [not tibia].
As for playing with word / wording things, I'd say I am good at it too but I assert that I haven't made up anything on my post.

Back