• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Idea's to stop botters, from server side!

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

well asfar i see Tibia has a way to detect botters, from the server side? Since i have not noticed anything on the client that stop botters.

I have couple idea's how we can deal with them. First one which is suspicion of botters, that will add them in a list. Then a GM can access the list and go check on that player.

Second one, but it's more ideal for oldschool. Accuracy of using runes, with no battle. Ofcourse we most be bit careful. To check if the target stand still, then ofc accuracy its 100%.

Post suggestions and we may code something up for the community.

I'll share this idea that I was initially going to use, but decided not to. We're implementing something far more advanced than this now. :) But it's still a pretty good idea:

Advanced Anti-bot Waypoint System (Lua)

Maybe you can take my idea and build on it. ;) The system can be done entirely in Lua, which is what's so good about it. We gave up on this idea early on because we thought it would be too easy to beat. But this system lead to the current system that's in development, which uses other aspects of the game to monitor and determine AFK-botting.

P.S. You'll notice this was idea #16.1 for my project, lol. Pages and pages of ideas! That's why I need a team to help finish my project.

Last edited:
I like the idea actually with the waypoints. I may consider it, but before i even start. I need more suggestions, esp not annoy the non botter.

Either i combine it with the suspicion list system, then you can go check with GM and also the the waypoint task to the suspicion one.

I like the idea actually with the waypoints. I may consider it, but before i even start. I need more suggestions, esp not annoy the non botter.

Either i combine it with the suspicion list system, then you can go check with GM and also the the waypoint task to the suspicion one.

The good thing about using waypoints is that it allows the player to continue hunting without interfering so drastically. All they have to do is walk over a waypoint. ;)

It's not a perfect system, no doubt. But it's a good place to start.

The good thing about using waypoints is that it allows the player to continue hunting without interfering so drastically. All they have to do is walk over a waypoint. ;)

It's not a perfect system, no doubt. But it's a good place to start.
Well when i think about the waypoint system. It should create random waypoint, on the player screen with the tutorial effect. Player need to step on those 3 random waypoint displayed on the screen. If he walks out from the screen 3x and ignore the waypoint, then it's possibly botting.

you have full control over both client and server, yet can't make an anticheat?

Well when i think about the waypoint system. It should create random waypoint, on the player screen with the tutorial effect. Player need to step on those 3 random waypoint displayed on the screen. If he walks out from the screen 3x and ignore the waypoint, then it's possibly botting.

Feel free to expand on it however you like. :) That sounds good.

you have full control over both client and server, yet can't make an anticheat?
Well depend what you mean, if we are going to edit the packets in the tibia client [Most of the oldschool server do], then we can ofc detect bots. Until someone corporate it with the new packets. But if we want to make antibot, only server sided. Not touching client and force players to download. Then it's a bit challenge, to find a good concept.
Feel free to expand on it however you like. :) That sounds good.
Well, i may post some progress here.

stop cave bots meybe is real but stop auto healing, auto ssa and every auto small action is impossible :(

1) Modify login protocol somehow (either use OTClient or do whatever you want with the Tibia client) to ensure that the user is using your 3rd party AC, and have a constant ping/pong specifically for it.
2) Make an AC based on EAC: http://www.easyanticheat.net/ (basically, blocks all access to the game it is attached to)

Moreover, EAC runs off a device driver, and it's quite easy to create one, it uses the following functions to catch stuff accessing the process it protects:
ObRegisterCallbacks
Or you can use standard windows process protection etc... Which is: PEPROCESS + flagoffset.

The first method is better, it will make it more expensive for botters, and therefore they will fallback to a driver that bypasses such thing. Making it more expensive is not gonna be worth it for you, as this is not something very big, so either live with it or see what suits you best.

You can even just google and copy paste an existing driver and use it for Tibia, it's that simple.

Lovely,

Most of us, developers and honest players would and will accept most smooth systems that makes anything more complicated for the botters.

An anti-bot system that places the tutorial arrow around the screen 2-3 times to walk on (or within 2x2/3x3) would be a good first step.

The next part is healing and other type of cheats already mentioned. It's hard to punish perfect heals unless you can made a system that recognize a pattern, as for example never heals before X hp frequently.

I personaly loved the old aiming system where gaming skills had a bigger part over lvl and hotkeys. The only problem was me being banned from every OT server I played as they compared my gaming skills with the bot "skills". Most Tibians wont play a server today without the easy hotkeys and most servers will probably not go back to the best systems, so how can we handle this?

I will wrap my head around solutions and I hope OTlanders will come up with something nice together. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

The main problem with developing systems to >DETECT< botting is that those "systems" can never be made or discussed in public. I know this may sound stupid at first read, but if you post how you will beat bots, people will know what they need to work around. The best thing you can do is try to detect as much inhuman behavior as possible and use that information for what you will. Never rely on 1 single bit of information, and never make the information you are tracking public. It is only a matter of time before people figure out a workaround, so it will be a constant battle.

As far as in-game mechanics to limit botting, on our server currently we use animations to make players interact with their looting. This solution will not work on the newer clients however as I think all the modern bots have a way to detect animations, but it does seem to help immensely on 8.6. I suppose anything that you can disguise as a "minigame" to the player will limit more and more bots, so long as these "minigames" do not become annoying for legitimate players.

Again, there will never be an end all be all anti-bot. But there certainly are many things you can do to reduce the workload of your staff.

Hello,

well asfar i see Tibia has a way to detect botters, from the server side? Since i have not noticed anything on the client that stop botters.

I have couple idea's how we can deal with them. First one which is suspicion of botters, that will add them in a list. Then a GM can access the list and go check on that player.

Second one, but it's more ideal for oldschool. Accuracy of using runes, with no battle. Ofcourse we most be bit careful. To check if the target stand still, then ofc accuracy its 100%.

Post suggestions and we may code something up for the community.

NEVER flag a player just because he might have 100% in aiming.
If you live for fighting, and gets really good at it, it's not hard reaching 100% accuracy..

I used a code in my servers once.. it detected if players did things that shouldn't be possible.
Such as hitting runes under roof.. or being able to look at items even thou the game says the entire area is dark and there's no lightsource...

Bot Detection should never be about what players shouldn't be able to do... but what players impossible can do without cheats!

There's a HUGE difference between possible and impossible, having 100% aim in a battle is not impossible!

Last edited:
having 100% aim in a battle is not impossible!
Impossible? No.
Improbable? Yes.
You can still track the accuracy of players, and have staff members keep an eye on players with > 90% accuracy for example. It would be extremely hard to sustain 90%+ accuracy over a long period of time which is why the information could be extremely helpful.

At the same time, bots do not have 100% accuracy, they simply spam the rune until it hits. A good way to deal with sd bots for example would be to allow the sd to shoot regardless if its targeted on a player. Then a bot will try to use the sd on creature and hit the ground instead. It would deal no damage to a target since it "missed" but would still exhaust the attacker since it was still shot.

The waypoint system which was mentioned here does not convince me at all.
You can:
1) Write a script that notifies you when you are prompted to follow the waypoints.
2) Write a script that automatically step on the waypoints -> Now you got a feature that annoyings manual players but not a single botter.

The waypoint system which was mentioned here does not convince me at all.
You can:
1) Write a script that notifies you when you are prompted to follow the waypoints.
2) Write a script that automatically step on the waypoints -> Now you got a feature that annoyings manual players but not a single botter.

Bots don't recognize magic effects, do they?

It's not possible with Elfbot. Maybe newer ones can.

Bots don't recognize magic effects, do they?
I don't know about how the bots are today... but it's very easy to make program "notice" things that happens by just watching..
I have a macro (not for gaming usage) that I can set to react on when certain colors shows within X-pixels of the screen..

for example, I can set that from pixel x = 500 - 700, y = 300 900, and within that range on the screen, it will react if color is changed, or if certain colors shows up (only 1 pixel color is needed, or 1000.. completely configureable)

So I seriously doubt that bots wont have a chance against effects :p

3rd party scans initiated every hour or sooner just a scanner that reads any inappropriate infiltration's to your "ot"

no one says making manual playing more interesting than afk cave botting?
this is the first step

Back