• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

im curious

Hey, tnecniiv. How you doing? ;)

From my opinion, it is because mostly people do not know how to do a good use of them.
Also, auto-border was not made for do all stuffs of map. It just helps in the beginning, in the base of map.
When the base is complete, again, mostly people forget to desactive the auto-border.

I hope have enlightened my ideas for you. Have a nice day!

Regards,
River.

i use auto boarder for water and the mountain the walls of the mountain but then i raw the rest.

Greets!

I wouldn't say its bad mapping, it makes the most maps look better then they used to do.
Like almost everything, you gain experience in what you do and some people becomes "pros".
The better you get, the more you have to say and the more you get to focus on details and such,
the eye will directly recognize a map as for example that is completely made out of autoborder.

As everyone can do it so easily, it doesnt require any "skill" and therefor experienced mappers (and flamers/trolls) like to note you hard about it.
You gotta start somewhere and alot of "experienced" mappers use the autoborder function as a basis but then change it/add alot of stuff around it to make it customized and look awesome. Good luck and keep fighting. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Eldin said most of what there is to say :p

But mapping is not only making a nice house/dungeon/city, it is about creativity, a kind of art as well.
Ever since Tibia 7.1 I have been mapping from RAW, and this makes you develop your skills much more, because you can shape the map to what your mind tells you, autoborder is limited. So, when RAW Mapping, you not only have more freedom, but you also pay much more attention to the map: details, if everything fit, making sure no borders and other things are missing.

IMO, RAW Mapping is all about freedom and creativity. Autoborder is for lazyness, and the result isn't always great.

Back