• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Im getting hacked all the time [Security problems]

Status
Not open for further replies.

richux

Tibera.org
Reaction score
Hello! So, yesterday was the day when I finaly decided to start host my ot! I worked hard on it for like month and it was kinda ready in my eyes to go online. And guess what?
After ~7 hours ot being online when I randomly visited my web again(at night) I noticed one strange thing-someone was online with my gm char. When I logged I found out that some polacks are hacking my server. One of them was using my gm char and other just playing in dmn high lvls with cash and items they got for free. When I talked to hacker he rlly sounded like noob, some phrases from him - "Give me gm! Or hacked server!!"
LOL! Well I deleted all their chars, changed password of my gm char, but I know if they got it once, they ll get it again.

NOTE: ALso there is one other thing that you definetly should know-when I visit my website I always get warning from my browser(google chrome) that entering my site is very dangerous. It says that in my site there is chura.pl elements or something. I can't post u since its not in english.

Can someone give me any tips how to protect myself?

It sounds like someone hacked your database.
You should try dropping the pma user in phpmyadmin.

Also you can go to http://localhost/security and change your settings so that only phpmyadmin is only accessible by the localhost.

Yes. Someone somehow. I already dropped pma user, that was not the problem.

btw: this is my security in localhost. Is it okey or I have to change something?

CAn you please tell me how to make only so only phpmyadmin is accessible by the localhost?

Edit: my msn, in case if u want help me- [email protected]

95043988.jpg

That is what you need to fix.

You need to change it so that only someone logged from localhost can see the database.

Can you please tell me how to do it? u can also add me on msn [email protected] Otherwise they will hack me again.

aff...

SUCCESS: The XAMPP directory is protected now! All personal data was safed in the following file:
C:\xampp\security\xampp.users
C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\.htaccess

I did this, I hope this is right thing. Anyways cya. ZzzzzZZ :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not sure how well this really works, but an extra precaution i take is, if you go into the xampp folder, and rename phpmyadmin, to something like phpmyadmins54fs6 it will make it access denied for everyone who trys to get into the database... including yourself. so what i do is just rename it back to phpmyadmin when i need to edit something then put it back to some random letters.

i'm not sure how well this really works, but an extra precaution i take is, if you go into the xampp folder, and rename phpmyadmin, to something like phpmyadmins54fs6 it will make it access denied for everyone who trys to get into the database... including yourself. so what i do is just rename it back to phpmyadmin when i need to edit something then put it back to some random letters.

Doesn't that also disable option to create chars and all other stuff?

No I do it myself, and it works fine.

Why don't you just make it secure and you don't have to do that kinds of stuff? <_<
Also you can remove PMA, pma makes it possible to get into your phpmyadmin and delete ur database :p
I think Talaturen made a thread about this :p

He just told u to set a password? >.<

And it's sad how those polish lads take over our self-invented methods to hack into xampp servers.. It's just sad... XD

He just told u to set a password? >.<

And it's sad how those polish lads take over our self-invented methods to hack into xampp servers.. It's just sad... XD

No, yesterday he connected to my pc with remote desktop and we spent like 30 minutes to fix that(I asked lot of questions), cuz something was wrong with my xampp and phpmyadmin wasnt udpated so I couldnt drop PMA user and much more shit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back