• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

I'm new to TFS, where's the character file?

Sawyer

Expert Mapper
Reaction score
Hi,
After 2 days of vainly trying to compile TheForgottenServer, I did it. Feeling quite excited, I logged on my brand-new char. Ideas were flying into my head, my server would be amazing.
Convinced of my self-value and intelligence, I ran after a rabbit and killed it, so glad I compiled a OTServ for the first time in my life.

And then arrived the moment of making my char GM.

I didn't found where.

Am I an idiot?

So, will you, gents, help the desperate man in front of you, or you will ignore his distress and let him live in the doubt that he is/isn't worth being alive?

Please, PLEASE, WHERE CAN I EDIT CHARACTERS AND ACCOUNTS.

Thanks,
Sawyer.

the idwhat?

You mean that in my database there is suppose to be a data/account or a data/players and then my character?

Because I already tried to take the whole file and made a ctrol+f research to find my character name, and it didn't found anything.

the idwhat?

You mean that in my database there is suppose to be a data/account or a data/players and then my character?

Because I already tried to take the whole file and made a ctrol+f research to find my character name, and it didn't found anything.

Nah.. Are you using mysql or what?

I guess yes, although I'm completly new to these systems (SQL, SVNs), as you probably remarked.

Basically, what I did is just download that :

The Forgotten Server 0.2
Release Candidate 10 / Final (Mystic Spirit)!

Changes can be found in doc/CHANGELOG.

This is most likely the final release of The Forgotten Server 0.2. If bugs are found, they should be reported in the thread that you can find below and not on SourceForge.

DLL Files:
http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=1042

Source code:
http://forgottenserver.svn.sf.net/

Please report ALL bugs here:
http://otland.net/showthread.php?t=3375

That's all. But Accounts and Players doesn't show up.
For some reason, TortoiseSVN wasn't allowing me to download SVN from sourceforge so I downloaded that stuff. I also compiled my own version which is complete..ly fu***d up.

Here's my story. Hope it'll help in any ways.

EDIT :: After a little investigation I found this :

I exported the databases first all together but then when I imported them it only showed accounts. When I exported them separately and imported them It didn't seem to work like the players and accounts didn't show. How do I fix this?

--Merge--

When I try to upload the account.sql I get a triggers error. Please help!

Looks quite similar to my thingy. The problem is : I don't understand a crap of what Nightmare said to help that guy. Something about.. Triggers, which is unknown from me.

Last edited:
Well, since you're clearly new to SQL servers I can tell you that you're probably using sqlite, which doesn't need a mysql server. So to edit your characters you need a sqlite manager, I will see if I can find one. Give me 2 minutes.

EDIT: I've found one I think. I've never used sqlite before, but I'd guess it's the same as mysql. http://sqlitemanager.en.softonic.com/ <-- link to a sqlite manager.

Now you've gotta find your theforgottenserver.s3db or what it's called, open it with that program and you will see a lot of 'tables' like 'accounts', 'players', 'groups' etc. Open the 'accounts' table and find your own account, enter that and edit 'Type' to 5 and then go back to 'players' and find your character, now change that character's 'groupID' to 5. Now you'll just have to enter your character again and go play as your GM. :) Note: You have to be logged out when you do this.

Last edited:
Good, thanks. But when you say I'm probably using SQLite, am I suppose to know it? Is it some program already implented into Windows? Because I don't remember download such thing as MYSQL nor SQLite.

Thank you very much for helping, again.

Note: You have to be logged out when you do this.
Ain't that noob. But I forgive, you coudln't know

Last edited:
Check your config.lua in there find
-- SQL
sqlType = "sqlite"
passwordType = "plain"

if sqltype says "sqlite" then you're using sqlite, and no, you haven't downloaded sqlite, since it's just a small file in the TFS folder.

No such thing as what you said in the last post, but I got this

-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "localhost"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = ""
mysqlDatabase = "theforgottenserver"
mysqlPort = 3306

Guess I have MySQL. What should I do then? Download a MySQL manager?

Right.

-- SqLite
sqliteDatabase = "forgottenserver.s3db"

-- SQL
sqlType = "sqlite"
passwordType = "*****"
I'll download your thing then. Thank you very much.

Just one last question : Do I have to care about something named phpmyadmin with SQLite?

Well, since you're clearly new to SQL servers I can tell you that you're probably using sqlite, which doesn't need a mysql server. So to edit your characters you need a sqlite manager, I will see if I can find one. Give me 2 minutes.

EDIT: I've found one I think. I've never used sqlite before, but I'd guess it's the same as mysql. http://sqlitemanager.en.softonic.com/ <-- link to a sqlite manager.

Now you've gotta find your theforgottenserver.s3db or what it's called, open it with that program and you will see a lot of 'tables' like 'accounts', 'players', 'groups' etc. Open the 'accounts' table and find your own account, enter that and edit 'Type' to 5 and then go back to 'players' and find your character, now change that character's 'groupID' to 5. Now you'll just have to enter your character again and go play as your GM. :) Note: You have to be logged out when you do this.

Hum the groupID i change to 5 and press save...but i back in editor and it's on 1...the editor not saving the group...all others options is saving...but the group no...(sorry my english i'm brasilian =/ )

Back