• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team I'm starting a long-term 7.4 server project. Anyone?

fschuindt

Reaction score
GitHub
fschuindt
Hi there, folks!

About the Project

I'm thinking about start a server project myself. A vanilla Tibia 7.4 server, 1x or 2x exp.

All as it were during the 7.4 era, but just with a custom map and a good RPG. But no custom spells and mechanics changes. Maybe one monster or another added. But it's all.

I'm starting to build the map myself, so that's why I say long-term.

I'm looking for anyone interested into joining forces.

I'm probably going to start a Slack channel (if someone ever show up). Then discuss the whole direction it will take.

To be honest I'm not looking for specific roles to fit. Just people into the topic with a overall skill set. I mean, my biggest habilites are into back-end web development, but I can do a little of everything. If you are skilled into C++, for instance, you can deal with it as a lead task for you. And I will be dealing with the website. But I believe that both of us should be able to do a little of everything, just in case.

But if you are only good at doing one thing, that's completely ok. I'm just looking for people with passion for Tibia and OTserv.

About Me

I'm mostly a back-end dev. I do work with Elixir and Ruby, and have managed to work with a lot of PHP in the past. I also work with DevOps and Linux systems administration.

Other languages: Rust, Erlang, Lisp.

I'm not really into C++ (but I can make small changes, compile in different platforms and etc).

I'm well experienced with OTserv, being highly active during 2005~2009.

In 2007 I (along with some friends) was running the fairplayserver.com under the nickname of "Zero" at a Brazilian OTserv forum called XTibia. The server was a 7.6 server with about ~60 players online average. In this project I worked with all the website, parts of the database structure, NPCs, maps (I've created a whole city), quests and leading the project. The other folks did the remaining work.

More about me: The Author · Collateral Software

Just a correction, I don't work anymore at Nexaas, but at the B2 Beauty Group as a Sr. Software Engineer in Elixir and Erlang.

Note: I really think that voice calls helps a lot with the development. So it's a must that you are able to speak and understand English during those.

Thank you all!

Hmm.... Lemme think, i saw somewhere really simillar "project" it was called ugh, ee.. medi? tibia? medivia oh, ye medivia. Gl with making something like this when medivia is still on ^^

Hmm.... Lemme think, i saw somewhere really simillar "project" it was called ugh, ee.. medi? tibia? medivia oh, ye medivia. Gl with making something like this when medivia is still on ^^

I'm just willing to make my own RPG server. Medivia stands mostly on a global map. It's a great game, tho the last changes didn't made me happy.

Anyway, isn't nothing about competition with other servers, I just want the OTserv development fun back into my life.

Cheers.

I'm just willing to make my own RPG server. Medivia stands mostly on a global map. It's a great game, tho the last changes didn't made me happy.

Anyway, isn't nothing about competition with other servers, I just want the OTserv development fun back into my life.

Cheers.

Interesting you said that. Bc I am on a long term project by myself, but.. I like global map a lot. My server has 1x exp, no edition of any kind. We could join forces... I also do a little bit of everything... you could join my server and see what could we change and everything, then just move the map. also I like RPG LORE, not only quests and monsters to kill.

Interesting you said that. Bc I am on a long term project by myself, but.. I like global map a lot. My server has 1x exp, no edition of any kind. We could join forces... I also do a little bit of everything... you could join my server and see what could we change and everything, then just move the map. also I like RPG LORE, not only quests and monsters to kill.

Wonderful. I will PM you with a invite to a Slack channel I've created.

The user Nosferatu88 is also interested into the project as a mapper.
I think we can chat about it down there.

I'm going to be available probably in 9 hours from now. I need to work on other stuff from my job. But I do work in home office.

BTW, I don't want to be seen as the guy who dictates how it will be. I believe everyone need to come to a common sense together. And using the global map still a possibility. Let's just think about it together.

Wonderful. I will PM you with a invite to a Slack channel I've created.

The user Nosferatu88 is also interested into the project as a mapper.
I think we can chat about it down there.

I'm going to be available probably in 9 hours from now. I need to work on other stuff from my job. But I do work in home office.

BTW, I don't want to be seen as the guy who dictates how it will be. I believe everyone need to come to a common sense together. And using the global map still a possibility. Let's just think about it together.

Great news, I'm at work too, and later on I will be on the highschool.. I will be available from 9 hours as well. then we can talk.

Back