• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[IMPORTANT] Can I Buy A Server ?

EvilSkillz

Back
Solutions
Reaction score
as title said ..
can i buy a server ...

i don't mean to pay xx $$ per month for dedicate server or virtual private server
i need the main server

example : - this server is my main pc but it's server not normal windows

srry but i don't know how to explain

You may buy server motherboard, but it's expensive plus you don't have any ddos protection.
It's still better to rent hosting than buying a server.
You may talk with hosting company about that, maybe they give you cheaper offer if you pay for 1 or more years of hosting and talk with them about that.
Some ISPs do that for clients who are long time with them.

I wouldnt mind selling mine. Asap as i finish a "project" and advertise it I get ddos'd so i got no use for it anymore. No dedi protection, 600 USD

Nope dont think so, only rent

i think i can buy it

yes you can, but it is really really expensive

i know it's so expensive

You may buy server motherboard, but it's expensive plus you don't have any ddos protection.
It's still better to rent hosting than buying a server.
You may talk with hosting company about that, maybe they give you cheaper offer if you pay for 1 or more years of hosting and talk with them about that.
Some ISPs do that for clients who are long time with them.

but i don't need to rent for 1 year or more
i need it to be mine server :D

with traffic/bandwith/etc,,...
so i hope if i can get the full server for mine use forever .. so i pay only 1 time forever

I wouldnt mind selling mine. Asap as i finish a "project" and advertise it I get ddos'd so i got no use for it anymore. No dedi protection, 600 USD

u rented it from hosting company .. or you own the main Server .. like your home pc
if it like home pc .. can u send me details

only if it yours , not rented xD

Yes you can buy a server.

And you can also place it in a CO-Location in some nearby datacenter incase you want to upgrade to some DDoS-protection or anything like that(if thats offered in that datacenter).

Yes you can buy a server.

And you can also place it in a CO-Location in some nearby datacenter incase you want to upgrade to some DDoS-protection or anything like that(if thats offered in that datacenter).

so u mean if i bought a server
i can put it in Company .. + ..

so little question .. if i put it in my home
i need to get internet in my home ?
or the server can get internet by itself

Yes you need internet for it.

Co-Location also costs monthly money, but you can always host at home.

And if your going to host at home, you don't need to buy a rack.

You can just buy computer parts and build your own "server pc" and just install any OS you like.
< This is alot cheaper then buying a Rack if you want alot of ram / disk space / good CPU etc.

Yes you need internet for it.

Co-Location also costs monthly money, but you can always host at home.

And if your going to host at home, you don't need to buy a rack.

You can just buy computer parts and build your own "server pc" and just install any OS you like.
< This is alot cheaper then buying a Rack if you want alot of ram / disk space / good CPU etc.

Oh yea .. you are so smart xD

I got a computer I used to play with til 1 year ago. worth in usd is about 1200?(900 euro) gonna pm u detailed information. can hold up to 200 people without problems and is completly resetteld for hosting by my buddy :)

Oh yea .. you are so smart xD
But if you build a regular PC and use it as a server, you cannot place it in a datacenter, I think mostly of them only accept racks.

I got a computer I used to play with til 1 year ago. worth in usd is about 1200?(900 euro) gonna pm u detailed information. can hold up to 200 people without problems and is completly resetteld for hosting by my buddy :)
Whats the specifications?

You will be DDoS'd to death

I don't know how a hardware firewall works, but if you plan to buy a server, you surely need a Cisco ASA too.

You will be DDoS'd to death

I don't know how a hardware firewall works, but if you plan to buy a server, you surely need a Cisco ASA too.

You could route traffic through something like Cloudflare pro to avoid DDoS attacks on the website. As for ports 7171/7172 yeah they are vulnerable.

Back