• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Importing Sprites

Karoxer

Reaction score
Hello guys, its me again >.>
Its my really last hope, cause i tried all the ways to make new item with own sprite but i have no idea why item don't appear in my items.xml.
So i wanted to add own armor, I made sprite for it. I have downloaded Object builder and item editor which both support my 10.98 client. Firstly i opened the object builder, set tibia.spr directory, load sprite (right column, used add new + import image) duplicated leather armor and changed sprites. Then i saved and compiled it with tibia spr. (did it 3x for sure).
Secondly i opened item editor, again duplicated leather armor, set client ID to change sprite + reloaded item to make my sprite working, and here starts my problem.. Whet i try to set ware ID and name of the item its all the time red highlighted like its incorrect. Anyway i tried save it but its not appear in items.xml.
All i can do is to swamp sprites with existing items and rename it and change stats. But i don't wanna "deleting" existing stuff to get other ; /
I was doing step by step using following tutorials (they doing the same, but anyway i tried to do this 10x and no results ;/)
Adding items/outfits into object builder, item editor, RME
[video] Importing custom sprites
It get's dropped to the mismatched items in itemeditor:
2018-03-20 (3).png

Thanks for your time guys.
Best wishes.

Solution
If I understand correctly:

The items you are trying to add won't just automatically appear in your items.xml

You must add it yourself manually. So:

1. Add the sprite with object builder
2. Create it with the item editor
3. Open your items.xml and add a line after the last item with the new id you had in the item editor

If you need more explanation I'll post some pics later. I'm at work right now :)
in the item editor, create a new otb from cero, using the client with the new armor on the dat/spr. then save replacing the currently one.

Mhmm I don't get it at all. Could you tell me how to do it more detail ? What mean "create otb from cero".
The client I'm editing (dat/spr.) is just tibia 10.98 client.
But i tried figure out your tip so i copied items.otb and created items2.otb
Opened items2.otb in item editor and tried to edit name and Ware ID, then save it and overwrite it with items.otb but it still doesn't works :(
Maybe just like i said at the start i don't get what You meant in your post @Il Knight . Thanks anyway for Your activity :)

1, open item editor.
2, click on New.
3, Select the client (the one where you edited the spr and dat)
4, select the option update.
done, new otb from cero.

@Il Knight Ok, I've got progress :D But still have problems ;/ When I do all steps the item get out from mismatched items, but its name and ware ID (i set ware ID same as duplicated item. Also I tried to set different ware ID and get highlighted as wrong too) getting deleted and i have empty sprite. When i try again to set its name item get to the mismatched category again ; / I have got items.otb broken or something ?
Thanks for your help attempts xd

If I understand correctly:

The items you are trying to add won't just automatically appear in your items.xml

You must add it yourself manually. So:

1. Add the sprite with object builder
2. Create it with the item editor
3. Open your items.xml and add a line after the last item with the new id you had in the item editor

If you need more explanation I'll post some pics later. I'm at work right now :)

Solution
@Il Knight Thanks for being patient with me and my problem, but probably I'm too stupid to get it. And I apologize for taking so much time to solve my problem, but I really cannot fix it ; ( I cannot save my new item cause I'm not able to set its name (all the time red highlighted). And cannot set Ware ID (if you could explain me what is this position
I saw something strange in my itemEditor, I mean the items in program have different ID with items.otb (in RME also) for example:
[ItemCreator] Leather Armor = Server ID 3361 Client ID 3361
[RME/Items.otb] Leather Armor = ID 2467 (3361 is a stone wall)
Maybe the problem is that my sprites are in "render" and don't have this pink background ?

Here I'm Gonna post all things I'm doing from the begin.
1. After create a sprite open Object Builder
2. Set Object Builder directory to my Tibia 10.98 Client
3. Importing self created sprite to Object Builder (It shows on the right panel)
4. Duplicating Leather Armor (3361 Item ID in Object Builder)
5. Changing existing sprite of leather armor with self created sprite. I don't touch any value at the first page (width etc.) all values are set to 1 expect size (32).
6. In the options I have selected Item type: Armor, deactivate market, rest of options untouched.
7. Pressing save button and then select file, compile as, and selecting the tibia 10.98 directory (doing it by myself to be sure it save in correct place) and compiling the item. When compiling bars "Meta Data" and "Sprites" fully loaded without any errors.
8. Now I'm opening Item Creator, in preferences setting my tibia 10.98 directory (the same like in Object Builder)
9. Select new -> tools -> Update OTB Version, in update settings have got selected 1# "Reassing Items with unmatched sprites" 2# "Reload Items Attributes" 3#"Create new items for unassignet sprites" and unchecked last one 4#"Generate Image Signatures (slow)"
10. Now I skip list to the last one's and I see my new armor sprite (Server ID 23727, Client ID 23727) 0 Ware ID without name.
11. Now I set name "test armor" set Ware ID 3361 (I saw that the ware ID of leather armor is the same like Item/client ID so I tried to use also Ware ID same value as "test armor" item/client ID 23727).
12. Now I go File -> Save as -> and select directory of my TFS 1.2 items.otb
13. Now opening with Notepad++ my items.xml and try so search for my item ctrl + f and typing "test armor" "23727 (Ware ID/Client ID/Server ID) and no matches.
14. Now again go to tools/update and update again, trying to set name and ware ID but still nothing happens : (

@MikeOT Yea i saw that some kind of changes happens in items.otb cause when I opened it and saved at items creator the notepad asked me to reload it cause of that changes so it was weird for me that nothing appears in items.xml.
I will try to make the way You said and edit this post if it get works. Thanks again for your help mate :)
1# Edititems.xml_LI.jpg itemeditor_LI.jpg
As You said I made "lanes" with new item. But I'm not sure that items works, and not sure how to set ID of item. Set it the same as Server/Client ID ?

Last edited:
@MikeOT Yea i saw that some kind of changes happens in items.otb cause when I opened it and saved at items creator the notepad asked me to reload it cause of that changes so it was weird for me that nothing appears in items.xml.
I will try to make the way You said and edit this post if it get works. Thanks again for your help mate :)
ahaha you useing object builder to add this new item in the client beacause if u add it in the otb without client player will get kick after u add it in client u useing it to add it in the otb with items otb editor with update setting after it u write the code in items xml it doesn't add automaticly in items xml .. u neeed to add it yourself copy any armor u want to do alike it and change name and id of the items and if u down in the game with client and otb and u make /i items id u will get it .. but unknown so u should add it with u hand

I just read your post directly below my last one.

That's your problem. The item editor doesn' generate the code for the items.xml. You have to open the items.xml yourself and write it in with the new id

If that doesn't solve your problem pm me and I'll walk you through it tonight :)

@MikeOT Send you PM and also updated post with images. I restarted my TFS engine and the changes makes to the Server and Client ID in itemEditor. Now my armor have : Client ID 23727 Server ID 26383. Probably I'm setting bad item ID cause i set it to 23727.

26383 < u should add it in the items xml beacuse client id for u client client id useing in bots / elfbot etc ...

Back