• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

In-game broadcast message

Vapous

Reaction score
Sorry this is a noob question i just cant figure out how to edit this broacast message that comes every 30 mins.

10:44 Do you want to donate to the server and get awesome donation items in reward? Buy your points in this link, You can donating by using SMS, Phone, Paypal, Credit card: hopto.org

i want to change the text obviously. where would i do that??

using TFS 0.3.6

data/globalevents/scripts
Check there, it shud be there, (You can change msg there too)
And at globalevents.xml change interval, so it comes every 'x' mins

File isnt in globalevents/scripts.. and its not written in the xml file either. how the hell is the message doing this every 30 mins??

File isnt in globalevents/scripts.. and its not written in the xml file either. how the hell is the message doing this every 30 mins??

edit: sorry, for once "not wearing my glasses" is a valid excuse

like below said: check your mods folder for something called along the lines of "broadcaster"

create autoboardcast.lua on globalevents/scripts and paste this
local text = {
[1] = "Your Text xD",
}
function onThink(interval)
doBroadcastMessage("Importante: "..text[1])
return TRUE
end

Now add on globalevent.xml

<globalevent name="autobroadcast" interval="1800" event="script" value="autobroadcast.lua"/>

interval = 1800 seconds = 30 min

cya!

Af af trollz

Lua:
local message = {
	"Do you want to donate to the server and get awesome donation items in reward? Buy your points in this link, You can donating by using SMS, Phone, Paypal, Credit card: servername.hopto.org",
	}

local i = 0
function onThink(interval, lastExecution)
local message = message[(i % #message) + 1]
    doBroadcastMessage("Information: " .. message .. "", MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE)
    i = i + 1
    return TRUE
end

globalevents.xml

XML:
<globalevent name="brodcast" interval="xxxxx" event="script" value="brodcast.lua"/>
interval - time :D

lol santig~ i dont know his script name so i made it for him but ...

YOURSERVERDAMNFOLDER/DAMNDATA/DAMNGLOBALEVENTS/DAMNSCRIPT/searchplx.lua

hint: open every script unit you find text like that..

bb

hmm yeh ok i know tht will make me a new script.. but how do i edit or delete the one that exists?? have no idea where its hidden

Go to your npcs folder and find a broadcasting NPC. The NPC is probably scripted to broadcast that every 30 minutes.

Back