• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

TalkAction In-game point system

mattyboi88

Reaction score
Hey there otlanders, Ive been working on a script =) probably quite a few of them around, but i thought i would share mine with you.

Ok first of all go to talkactions/scripts and make a file called "test.lua" in that file add the following,
function onSay(cid, words, param)
if getPlayerItemCount(cid, 8886) >= 1 then
doPlayerRemoveItem(cid,8886,1)
doAddPoints(cid, 8)
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have exchanged your upgraded knights armor for 8 points.")
else
doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You don't have an upgraded knights armor!")
doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), CONST_ME_POFF)

Then in talkactions.xml add the following.
<talkaction log="yes" words="!knightupgrade" script="test.lua"/>

Im sorry its a bit messy, havnt used Otlands much, the whole idea is for donations etc... you can trade a donation item back for points using a talkaction, tested and working on TFS 0.3.4, I hope you enjoy, any repp+ or comments would be real nice, thanks.

i dont understand what exactly this does...

is it a donation points system? so u can buy/sell donations items for points? (of which u bought in the first place for rl $)

Basically, say you made a knight and bought a knight armor from the shop for rl cash, but you then decide you want to make a mage? with this talkaction you are no longer stuck with the knight armor, say your talkaction !trade which you want to use and it will give the knight armor back to the shop and return the points you paid for it, thus you can now buy a mage armor for the same amount of points, i hope this helped? :)

its a nice idea... but the owner of the server loses money that way, or doesnt lose but doesnt gain as much as he/she can.

Ok first of all go to talkactions/scripts and make a file called
"test.lua" in that file add the following,

PHP:
function onSay(cid, words, param)
if getPlayerItemCount(cid, 8886) >= 1 then
doPlayerRemoveItem(cid,8886,1)
doAddPoints(cid, 8)
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "You have exchanged your upgraded knights armor for 8 points.")
else
doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You don't have an upgraded knights armor!")
doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid), CONST_ME_POFF)

Then in talkactions.xml add the following.

PHP:
<talkaction log="yes" words="!knightupgrade" script="test.lua"/>

Just wrote It better..

Nux~

its a nice idea... but the owner of the server loses money that way, or doesnt lose but doesnt gain as much as he/she can.

Maybe so, but i would prefer it that way because otherwise they would have to re-donate to buy more items which of course is better, but it would get annoying? and thank you for tidying it up for me =)

Back