• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Incorrect Acc or Password

Tyson12302

Reaction score
I'm making another thread since this is a new problem. I've got everything sorted. Got my server got my website. But the problem is that i cant log on on tibia with my details made from the website. It just says its incorrect. Even if i create a account with account manager it will not log that account in to the website. Its like the website is not connecting to the server. Thanks.

Make sure the passwordtype is the same. You can look in your database if the accounts passwords are sha1 or plain.

Yeah i use sha1. I went to my phpmyadmin and i changed the password field to the sha1 password and it still doesn't work.

Problem solved in teamviewer, the server was still using SQLite instead of MySQL.
im sorry to do this here but limos i need your help i have the same problem as this guy, but the thing is that in my config the password type is sha1 but when i look in localhost/phpmyadmin the passwords are in plain text, i was just wondering if you could help me here because i think i have the same problem thank you

are you sure in config.lua that "passwordType = sha1" exist?
dude i fixed it, i just noticed that my passwords in localhost/phpmyadmin were written in plain and that in my config i put sha1, i made the connection and i noticed that i was telling the computer to read sha1 and not plain i just had to change it to plain and it now works, hopefully this helps someone with the same problem in the future

Did you install with 127.0.0.1/install ?
no localhost/install.php thats how i always do it, also i dont think gesior is the problem because everything works fine there i can create account etc and when i check in my database if the account there it appears and everything :l but when i try to log in my ot it just says password incorrect but now that i changed it to plain in config it works so how can i change to sha1? '- im thinking maybe a command that i can execute in my database will work but since im nub with database i dont know the command

no localhost/install.php thats how i always do it, also i dont think gesior is the problem because everything works fine there i can create account etc and when i check in my database if the account there it appears and everything :l but when i try to log in my ot it just says password incorrect but now that i changed it to plain in config it works so how can i change to sha1? '- im thinking maybe a command that i can execute in my database will work but since im nub with database i dont know the command

TFS version? Gesior version?
From my understanding you are creating an account via gesior, it gives you an encrypted password but the client says that the password is wrong?
In that case check so the encryption is correct, gesior 2012 takes everything from your server path(in this case config.lua) thats the reason why 1.x versions fail with gesior 2012, since passwordType was removed.
If you did not run the installation you most likely did not notice this, so do it and add this to your config.lua.
Code:
passwordType = "sha1"

If I did not understand you correctly then tell me what you actually want.

I have no idea. i tag Wibbenz maybe he knows. He is the king of Gesior.
@WibbenZ

Would not say that, but I know some :p

from what I understand here, it gives you "incorrect passwod" when you use sha1, that's of course IF you were previously using plain in the same database.

What do you have to do? search for "Sha1 online" & encrypt every password, now it won't say incorrect password

TFS version? Gesior version?
From my understanding you are creating an account via gesior, it gives you an encrypted password but the client says that the password is wrong?
In that case check so the encryption is correct, gesior 2012 takes everything from your server path(in this case config.lua) thats the reason why 1.x versions fail with gesior 2012, since passwordType was removed.
If you did not run the installation you most likely did not notice this, so do it and add this to your config.lua.
Code:
passwordType = "sha1"

If I did not understand you correctly then tell me what you actually want.

Would not say that, but I know some :p
okay wibbens heres whats happening in my config i do have that line the
Code:
passwordType = "sha1"
put the thing is that when someone creates an account via gesior, the password is stored in plain text :l im using gesior 2012, and tfs 1.1

okay wibbens heres whats happening in my config i do have that line the
Code:
passwordType = "sha1"
put the thing is that when someone creates an account via gesior, the password is stored in plain text :l im using gesior 2012, and tfs 1.1

Try to reinstall gesior, add a new file called install.txt with your ip in it (located in www).
Then go to ip/install.php and follow the instructions.

1.0 gesior can still be used with plain passwords, so you have to add that line in your config.lua and reload the page.

from what I understand here, it gives you "incorrect passwod" when you use sha1, that's of course IF you were previously using plain in the same database.

What do you have to do? search for "Sha1 online" & encrypt every password, now it won't say incorrect password

If you want to change plain passwords to sha1 then use ex. this: https://otland.net/threads/converting-an-existing-mysql-plaintext-database-to-use-sha1.102356/

Back