• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

InsanityOT | Development & Discussion Thread 2023

DestinationSer

@echo off
Solutions
Reaction score
InsanityOT Development and Discussion thread 2023
Welcome! If you've played on one of the previous versions of the server then you will know some of the most basic things about the server. If not, or if you don't recall I will summarize what the server is about in this thread. Last time I worked on InsanityOT was in 2019, however life happened and I did not have much time to spare back then. Now, in 2023 I do have time to spare and already have been working on the server now for a week. There is a lot of new things already since the last time InsanityOT was up and running. Much has been redone, much work is still left to do but I will be updating this thread with progress as I go. Before a release date comes along, I will be doing a open-beta but there is no timeframe set on this yet, only that its hopefully late this month or next month sometime.
(server pictures below)

What the server is about: InsanityOT is a very highexp server, you can expect to have lots of fun while playing this server. There is a lot of content, a lot of new things since last era and we have now made the switch to using custom client! This allows for so much more types of monsters, new equipments & a bunch of more things!

Discord link for those whos interested: Join the InsanityOT Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/FTuDhPY5HC)

~ Features ~
(Note that this is not all there currently is, nor is there all that there will be. The server is still in its early stages of development)
Unlimited health and mana
(server limits are not going to stop you from progressing as far as you'd like)
Unique Prestige System
Unique boss mechanics
World dungeon system & map dungeon system
New unique way to get better gear!
Perk System
6 Different vocations to choose from!
(Necromancer, priest, archer, guardian, assassin and tank)
There are also plans to add more

Custom weapons
Tons of quests
Mission NPCs
New events
Pet system
Tons of ways to progress your character to your liking
+ more!
Here are just a sneak peak of some of the new things, there is so much more to show!

BVivnZO.png
B20ZVBL.png

xUWszZv.png
wV39qB2.png

fwYRezy.png
1GC8JWK.png

If you have any questions, suggestions etc. I would love to hear them!​

Last edited:
"Unlimited health and mana"
Huh? Pots or players are invincible?

"Unlimited health and mana"
Huh? Pots or players are invincible?
I mean unlimited hp and mana as in you could theoretically never hit a limit in your progress through the server based on health and mana
I updated the thread a bit to be a bit more explainatory incase it was a bit vague

@DestinationSer

Can You describe those gameplay parts?

• World dungeon system & map dungeon system
  • Necromancer
  • Pet system
Sure.

World dungeon system is found through a teleport in temple and is based on 3 different difficulties. These are basically the hardest dungeons you will find

Map dungeon system is dungeons you can find while fighting bosses, both of these dungeon systems give good rewards but the world dungeons will give the best rewards.

The pet system is similar to what it was on the last eras, you'll do a quest and you will unlock the ability to have a pet (a monster that you can summon that will fight for you)

And lastly, necromancer is basically a mage more on the darker side of things.

Sure.

World dungeon system is found through a teleport in temple and is based on 3 different difficulties. These are basically the hardest dungeons you will find

Map dungeon system is dungeons you can find while fighting bosses, both of these dungeon systems give good rewards but the world dungeons will give the best rewards.

The pet system is similar to what it was on the last eras, you'll do a quest and you will unlock the ability to have a pet (a monster that you can summon that will fight for you)

And lastly, necromancer is basically a mage more on the darker side of things.

Ok.
I'll wait for more advertise posts with more detailed descriptions and screens. Or I'll try to play for a moment.
OTS will use CIP Tibia, OTClient, custom redone OTClient?
I ask as Linux user.

Ok.
I'll wait for more advertise posts with more detailed descriptions and screens. Or I'll try to play for a moment.
OTS will use CIP Tibia, OTClient, custom redone OTClient?
I ask as Linux user.
It'll use otclient with some extra assets most likely

Hey guys! This is the 1st development entry out of a few more before we'd be ready for a open-beta. Some of the more noteable thing that's been added/changed is:

Reworked prestige system, you no longer have to talk to an NPC to prestige. It will automatically apply the prestige point to you without needing to relog.
  • Raised level cap from 10.000.000 to 420.000.000, there is still a prestige NPC but he will only let you prestige at level 420m and this is called a "Prime Prestige". I do not want to spoil much of what this entails as of yet.
  • Reworked spell token system, previously you'd obtain spell tokens and you would use them on spells. I've reworked all of the buy-able spells, summons and added new things to this. Summons will play a much more important role aswell now if given the choice to do so.
  • Most starter spells have been reworked/are being reworked right now
  • Priests will play a much bigger role in being a support role, they will start out with a healing spell that will scale with level, prestige, magic level & more.
  • Made sure that once you reach your first prime prestige you'll have a nice welcoming surprise waiting for you. (or perhaps not so welcoming, you be the judge when you get to that point)
  • As seen in pictures, much of the monsters / bosses have also been changed + more

I do not want to list everything that I've changed and done, I just listed a few of the more notable things that I have adjusted/reworked that some of you may have been familiar with in the past. There is still quite a bit of work left to do before I am comfortable with doing a open beta, I want the experience to feel like InsanityOT but I also want you to be able to have a brand new experience.

Back