• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Instant Debug on login

RazorBlade

Retired Snek
Solutions
Reaction score
I've been having crashes lately on my server (8.62, not sure what revision, but it's 0.4) and I decided to try 3777 since people say it's good. I got it compiled and I started it up, but there's some issues (blocksolid, fieldAbsorbPercentFire don't exist) and the biggest issue is that when anyone logs in, the instantly debug no matter where they are. There's no errors in the console and the debug message just says "Unknown packet type during game (Type = 11) and I'm not sure what's causing that.

8.6 area I think. But I was already using 8.62 and there were no problems. I was downgrading to 8.6 and changing the protocol to 8.62 in hopes that it'd be more stable.

Alright. I'll try it when I can. I also had some issues with talktypes being wrong, I used the lib from the rev I chose, but it didn't work. I tried matching the const.h stuff to the lib stuff, but it just didn't work. Upon trying to use something, instead of getting "You cannot use this object." You get debugged.

I've been having crashes lately on my server (8.62, not sure what revision, but it's 0.4) and I decided to try 3777 since people say it's good. I got it compiled and I started it up, but there's some issues (blocksolid, fieldAbsorbPercentFire don't exist) and the biggest issue is that when anyone logs in, the instantly debug no matter where they are. There's no errors in the console and the debug message just says "Unknown packet type during game (Type = 11) and I'm not sure what's causing that.

I dont know exact reason as I dont use tfs 0.4 but from experience.. instant debug on login is "usually" due to client (cid) and server (sid) items, creatures or whatever not matching. If you have done any tibia.dat edits recheck them to ensure you didnt do any errors.

I dont know exact reason as I dont use tfs 0.4 but from experience.. instant debug on login is "usually" due to client (cid) and server (sid) items, creatures or whatever not matching. If you have done any tibia.dat edits recheck them to ensure you didnt do any errors.
That would probably result in a different debug assertion message

Yeah Red, I changed the stuff in the sources and in my data folder.

To make it simpler, do you guys know if 8.62 spr, dat and pic files can be used with an 8.7x exe? Cause I use a custom client, but the new dat files can't be modified, so I can't just use new spr and dat, and ignore all those sprites. I know I can modify my custom pic file to allow 8.7 client images, but I haven't been able to test if I can use the 8.62 spr and dat.

If I can do that, I can just upgrade my sources to 8.7 and be up to date, while hopefully stopping the crashing I get as well.

if you have a custom cilent you can use any sprites. you could most likely make a 7.6 server and add in all 8.6 spirtes. but people would have to download the client.

I'm more than aware of that. The problem is that it's impossible to edit tibia.dat after 8.54, and I use 8.62, so I can't edit the tibia.dat, so if I end up needing a different tibia.dat version, I either sacrifice 8.7x or I sacrifice my custom sprites. Having a custom client, it still needs to have working tibia.dat and .spr and .pic files.

Back