• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Intel HD 3000

Sir Bananas

Lua Scripter, Spriter
Reaction score
So I'm buying a new laptop with 6bg RAM, Intel i-5 and Intel HD 3000, and i was just wondering if i could run games such as Skyrim or Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:
I have a Nvidia GTX520M which is the double of the speed of HD 3000, but i can barely play skyrim om medium and assassins creed.. Dont even bother.

Go with a laptop of with Nvidia GTX540M, any i3,i5,i7 proccessor is pratically the same in speed, you will barely notice the diffrence,

I have a Nvidia GTX520M which is the double of the speed of HD 3000, but i can barely play skyrim om medium and assassins creed.. Dont even bother.

Go with a laptop of with Nvidia GTX540M, any i3,i5,i7 proccessor is pratically the same in speed, you will barely notice the diffrence,

Old i3 vs new OC i7/i5 performs the same, yeah right

So I'm buying a new laptop with 6bg RAM, Intel i-5 and Intel HD 3000, and i was just wondering if i could run games such as Skyrim or Assassin's Creed.
You could play those games on the lowest, or maybe even slightly higher than lowest settings.

Intel HD 3000 graphics solution will have about 30% less performance than a GT 540M in gaming and yields slightly more performance than a Radeon HD 5450 and 6570.
Also keep in mind that the Intel HD 3000 is an integrated graphics processing unit right on the processor itself and Intel HD 3000 does NOT have Direct X 11 support. Direct X 11 support was added in Intel's HD 4000.

You should expect to see an average FPS of about 20 on Skyrim with the lowest settings

tl;dr Entry level graphics, don't expect much.

I have a Nvidia GTX520M which is the double of the speed of HD 3000
Intel HD 3000 is about 10% slower than a 520M in most gaming scenarios.

IS THIS grafic card good? ATi HD6570 GDDR3 1GB PCIe

A 6570 is an entry level GPU, you won't be using anything higher than a games Lowest or Medium preset graphical settings.
What CPU do you have? I don't know why I am asking that question since the card is so low tier that a Pentium 3 wouldn't even bottleneck it.

Last edited:
I've tried both out, I have both graphics card on my computer (i7 2630QM has Intel HD 3000) and Nvidia GTX520M

When i tried to play skyrim on Intel HD 3000 i got an avarage FPS of 34~ On Lowest.
With nvidia i had over 60 FPS all the time.
There is a big diffrence if you use an dedicated card or a integrated GPU.

Well a laptop with an Nvidia card isn't an option right now, so im going with the Intel 3000

Realistically, if you're willing to sacrifice the portability, you could just build a tower, or buy a pre-built tower instead of a laptop.

I cant, it has to be a laptop, i travel a lot and want to bring my games with me

I ended up buying one with AMD Quad Core 2.5 ghz, 6gb ram and Radeon HD 6620G discrete-class graphics with up to 3061MB total graphics memory :D

Back