• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Intel or AMD?

Which one is the best.. Intel or AMD?

• AMD

Votes: 40 50.0%
  • Intel

Votes: 40 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winnerandy

Experienced Web Design'er
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've decided to buy some new computer components for my computer, such as motherboard, CPU ect..

But, which model should I buy?.. The Intel or the AMD?

Btw, It's for gaming..

As soon as you get the latest cpu's will be almost the same. Right now Intel is more powerfull with his i7, but if you want to buy a cheaper one go for AMD because its more cheapper and probably more powerfull, atleast is what I know and think.

What motherboard do I need to get a socket AM3 processor? Or do I need a socket AM2?

I have model NARRA2 2,00 ( I dont know what it meens but it says on CPU-Z )

I used to be a die hard AMD fan back when the AMD Athlon 64 was beasting the Intel Pentium IV....But I switched to Intel once i saw benchmarks comparing the Core 2 Duo to AMD Athlon 64 X2. I now own a Core 2 Duo, Two Quad Core, and One Core i7 processor.

But, I got a AMD motherboard, and I need a good CPU, If Intel wins, then you I have to buy the whole motherboard to Intel and buy a new CPU, That includes other components in the computer..

rofl, Im not that poor, I can buy a new Intel motherboard, Intel core 2 Quad and I'll also buy a new memory..

But dunno which one is the best, amd or intel? That's all I need to know.

Intel Core i7 920 offers more "raw performance" in tasks such as rendering and so on. For gaming the difference between Phenom II x4 955 and is not very big.

Price-wise the AMD cpu is almost equivalent in price as the i7 but both RAM and motherboard is cheaper with the AMD cpu.

That's why I should go with an AMD cpu in your case.

It seems to be that both Intel and AMD is good, but which of them is mostly good for gaming?

Regards,

Get AMD trust me on that, i have a AMD PHENOM 64 x4.. with a nice nvidia GFX card which isn't the greatest thing but its good enough for game.. also has a quad-core processor and comes with 4gb RAM and a 500gb HDD. I don't think you need a better computer than that for games.. an for how much ? 600$ The whole TOWER.. with everything in it.. no screen but keyboard and mouse. In my eyes AMD is way faster than intel and its responce and internal sending speed is amazing.. if i were you id go for a nice Quad-CORE AMD.. Good-Luck =)

-Unknown

Back