• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Interested in a New Tibia?

Raging_Mage

Poke-King
Reaction score
So I was curious if anyone would be interested in a new tibia?

I really want to talk about it but at the same time I don't want to just give my idea away as its really unique. Well actually ive spent about a year working on 3 different games and by that I mean coming up with ideas and storylines, atks, weapon types and things of that matter and im wanting to put them into production. As this would be tibia the foundation of the game has already been laid so it would be easier to work on than me making the other 2 games which ive already started on (got sprites...) but now im focusing solely on this.

But I guess I must talk about it a little huh? Im planning on using the latest tibia map if we can get our hands on it as well as their monsters and items etc. So basically you will be playing tibia. I know... your thinking.. wtf kind of idea is that right? Well it seems like a retarded one but its just so hard to talk about what im doing without spoiling too much... ugh... you will be playing tibia in a whole new way that will amaze new players and put old players in awe. I plan on launching 3 servers pvp, non pvp, and hardcore pvp. The reason is because NOONE will know what to expect. I know in todays tibia you can get on non pvp and get lv 300-400 and be a hero to lower levels... well on this tibia.. I must warn you, sometimes a hero isn't enough.

I guess I could confuse everyone a little more and say...
Im having the same old map but its an all new map.
Im having the same old items but they are all new items.
Im having the same old monsters but they are all new monsters.

Oh and im adding a ton of new sprites.

And there is really a good reason im being so vague and that is because this idea has been talked about with others and I got a lot of people actually wanting and waiting for me to make it happen. But I want to make sure everything is perfect before I start tossing everything out there... well ill never toss everything out there because I want people to feel that same feeling I did almost 9 years ago when I started playing. Not knowing wtf a ghoul was or what it dropped what attacks it used.. same with everything else I encountered. That is why I wont put EVERYTHING out there even when its finished.. there will always be mystery and surprise. There will always be wonder for players to discover.

This is prolly a badly written post lol but im just so excited about this idea its hard to keep my thoughts straight. Oh and I plan on using same old exp rates. I know its gonna suck to grind but I might bump it up on different servers. I guess I could do 2x exp for non pvp, 5x for pvp and 8x for hardcore... adjust skill rates as well...

All of this being said im looking for a team to help me get this going right. Eventually my idea will be made public as im going to set it up so that people can help me fund this project with donations to receive certain rewards which I wont talk about just yet. So regardless of whether my team is going to do it for free or not I still think that all work that is used should be paid for.
1) It shows your team you care about their work and appreciate it
2) It gives them incentive to stick around which I believe to be important for a game to start effectively. I cant have helper 1 start and then quit and have helper 2 pick up where he left off without knowing his thought pattern. Well I guess I could but I assume it could get a bit hectic.

Anyways I figured someone would like to discuss exp rates, what I need for a good server to happen, and basically anything else you might have to wonder. I might be vague on some of it for now but if I can get a decent team together ill prolly post more of this idea next weekend. So far I have me doing maps and anevis doing sprites.

Oh one thing I was curious about is how would you feel if skills were stretched out a bit such as 4 groups of skills, Distance> xbow, bow, spear, (wont have stones)
Melee>sword, hammer, club
Magic>atk, buff, support..... or should I just make each element have its own skill tree? healing, fire, ice, etc?

I give you something to consider on.

I started my own server with same enthusiasm, thinking that i will finish the the pavement in few months and then few months will take to update it.
I have been scripting 4+ months straight 6-12 hours a day. And i can say. its going to take me another 2 months before MAYBE I get the initial systems ready.
And the updates (OTC, Sprites, Website) will take FAR more time than i expected.

Very hard to find help to your team. I have spent more hours trying to find teammates than the hour of work they have put into our project. I will just keep doing what I do and hopefully someday someone sees what I see.
Without money first, people just don't seem to care enough. Although you will always get help from forum if you ask constructive questions and guidance.

Don't spend time on trivial things like should you have 4 skill choices or whatnot else. Start simple, make it balanced and then add more things.
I really want to talk about it but at the same time I don't want to just give my idea away as its really unique
I get what you mean, but actually you should put ideas out here, because trust me, its nothing what someone hasn't though about before. If you think someone will use your idea then, don't count on that, there is like 3-7 custom servers out there and they all have their own concept going on.

The point is: As much as I can read out of your idea, I think it will take about minimum 2 months before you get playable content. Minimum 6months to finish your original idea. (you shall know better ofcourse, but trust me, its going to take lot of time)

The question is what are you trying to get out of making this game of yours?

If you only look for something fun and new experience like I did, when I started my project, I have few suggestions for you:
If you planned to spend more than month on making server then:
Instead of making new tibia game, perhaps we could instead work together and merge our ideas into one.
My server currently at the starting point and i can practically make anything with scripts. There won't be hard time merging our ideas and features. There are already implemented features what none of the other server have and my GamePlay is one of the kind in the Tibia scale.

Although my server might be too Custom for you, but if you consider joining teams then there are other cool custom projects out there: Collapser Zulu, Thantos, Necronia, Theos:Undying.

What i regret today, is that I did not read trough Necronia thread before last month. We have way too many similar visions, expect the gameplay. I would have tried to apply for his team if i would have found it first time, I researched about custom servers. Now i have poured too much work and though into my own server i don't want to abandon it.

I've read the threads and no one is doing anything like what I'm doing. As soon as I figure out the nap stuff IMA kill that in no time. I can do a lot with that. Mostly will be waiting on my sprite team. The idea isn't hard. Just waiting on sprites will be the hard part. But if all goes well can launch by summer. Other than that its pretty balanced. I been around played around. Looked around. Have yet to see anything like what I'm doing.

I give you something to consider on.

I started my own server with same enthusiasm, thinking that i will finish the the pavement in few months and then few months will take to update it.
I have been scripting 4+ months straight 6-12 hours a day. And i can say. its going to take me another 2 months before MAYBE I get the initial systems ready.
And the updates (OTC, Sprites, Website) will take FAR more time than i expected.

Very hard to find help to your team. I have spent more hours trying to find teammates than the hour of work they have put into our project. I will just keep doing what I do and hopefully someday someone sees what I see.
Without money first, people just don't seem to care enough. Although you will always get help from forum if you ask constructive questions and guidance.

Don't spend time on trivial things like should you have 4 skill choices or whatnot else. Start simple, make it balanced and then add more things.

I get what you mean, but actually you should put ideas out here, because trust me, its nothing what someone hasn't though about before. If you think someone will use your idea then, don't count on that, there is like 3-7 custom servers out there and they all have their own concept going on.

The point is: As much as I can read out of your idea, I think it will take about minimum 2 months before you get playable content. Minimum 6months to finish your original idea. (you shall know better ofcourse, but trust me, its going to take lot of time)

The question is what are you trying to get out of making this game of yours?

If you only look for something fun and new experience like I did, when I started my project, I have few suggestions for you:
If you planned to spend more than month on making server then:
Instead of making new tibia game, perhaps we could instead work together and merge our ideas into one.
My server currently at the starting point and i can practically make anything with scripts. There won't be hard time merging our ideas and features. There are already implemented features what none of the other server have and my GamePlay is one of the kind in the Tibia scale.

Although my server might be too Custom for you, but if you consider joining teams then there are other cool custom projects out there: Collapser Zulu, Thantos, Necronia, Theos:Undying.

What i regret today, is that I did not read trough Necronia thread before last month. We have way too many similar visions, expect the gameplay. I would have tried to apply for his team if i would have found it first time, I researched about custom servers. Now i have poured too much work and though into my own server i don't want to abandon it.
You seem as though you're trying to push him away from making something new and never done before and that's just stupid. And your server might be too custom? More custom than Necronia. Quite unlikely.

You seem as though you're trying to push him away from making something new and never done before and that's just stupid. And your server might be too custom? More custom than Necronia. Quite unlikely.
Just making sure he knows what type of nut he is going to bite on.
And how are you trying to even compare Whi World and Necronia?

Last edited:
As someone who has spent 6 years developing OTs and custom projects, I can tell you that it's going to be a long and sweatful road to create such a custom project. Just remember, if you embark on this road, there is no stopping and there is no giving up, if you want to see your project succeed.

In the end, it will be worth it, this or another way, but with the lack of good custom servers lately, I'd say anything fresh on the table will be looked at by many eyes - so custom projects are viable at the moment. Maybe now more than ever.

As someone stated, do not be afraid to discuss your ideas out in the open, chance is highly unlikely that someone will rip them off and make a success off of it before you do.

Best of luck!

Back