• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Interests Of Todays Players

Sync

Ø,ø
Reaction score
I am in a debate to recreate a classic 8.6 real map server. I have a few questions about how open-tibia is now before I decide to do so.

•I have absolutely no interest in using a updated client where the PVP system requires no skill and team work. So I will be using a 8.6 client, Do a majority of open-tibia players still play 8.6 servers?
•Do you prefer a Real Map server, or a completely custom server?
•Fast paced stages or slow paced stages?
•Back when I was running servers there was a problem of people DDos attacking servers and basically killing them. Is this still a big issue? And if so, is there new software to potentially protect against this issue?
•Do open-tibia players still use Ventrilo for there teams? As I would be purchasing a vent server for the server for everyone to use and create a 'home' based feel for the server if players still do.

I am trying to get updated information on how things are now, so any response with valid information will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Sync

Last edited:
Compared to Tibia's current version 10.3's PVP system its completely different. Walking through players, just a buncha nonsence. But compared to a old client like 7.4 you are most deffinently right, but the chances to get players on a 7.4 are very slim.

I wouldn't say you don't need skills in 8.6, i'm sure 8.6 was chosed for a reason, sounds good to me.

8.6 is chosen for Elfbot, that is the only, ONLY reason to use that client.
It literally makes it so it is the -least- skill based client out there.

If you upgraded the client a majority of players would be without bots, and you could just turn hotkeys off if you want people to aim runes, there is NO feature that makes pvp easy that you can't just turn off, and also, there is no update that Tibia added in that you can't revert yourself with a little effort..

You can just make a current Tibia version(10.35) server with the rules of of Tibia 7.0 if you wanted, and I could even walk you through it if you really wanted to do that, but I sadly doubt you do.

Hell, use the OT client, do a rsa check, and boom, no bots.

But on topic of your question....

Players play 8.6 so they can bot with elfbot.

Players prefer custom maps, but if you use an 8.6 client, players will want a real map so they don't have to rescript their cavebots with new wavepoints.

People prefer medium rates so they can get to a comfortable mid point that they can pvp and explore.

DDos isn't that big of an issue, but it depends on what people you attract and piss off, but typically speaking, it isn't that big of an issue.

I still use ventrilo with people all the time, and I think there is a big enough audience that uses it still.

•TFS 1.0 didn't made any updates in pvp system yet so it's same as 8.6
•I don't care.
•Slow paced
•Depending on amount of people who hate you and success of your server(some jealous losers may attack you for no reason).
•VT 2.1.4 / TS3

•Do you prefer a Real Map server, or a completely custom server?
Custom, dont play real maps.

You can pick your rules in a 9.6+ server.

You don't have to allow playing switching, walking through players or anything.

The benefit is more spell animations, more creatures, and a better client.

There is absolutely no reason to use 8.6 client unless you want botters, (Which botting is a culture of tibia that many enjoy, so if it is your thing go for it)

• First of all 8.6 is the most popular. If you want players go for 8.6 but all you will have is a zombie server with 99% botters. I prefer higher clients because it allows more newer content.
  • Nothing more I hate than a real map. I wouldn't play it, even if I got paid money... it's absolutely boring after seeing it a million billion times but hey if you're lazy and don't wanna put some effort might as well use real map.
  • Slow pace tends to get boring, but too fast of a pace isn't much fun either. Needs to be at the right rate where you won't run out of things to do in a couple of days but instead something you can enjoy and play for a while!
  • Use Ventrilo once in awhile but haven't had much use for it recently.
  • I love custom servers hate real maps/download and run maps like evolution. But that seems to be the interest of this generation, as well as botting so if you're looking for a big population there's your answer.

8.6 is the way to go for money if that's what you're after, otherwise, pick something else. Older client or newer.

Go with the current client 10.35. New animations, mounts, spells, outfits monsters and much much more.
/Ofc, there are big bad changes in PvP, but simply don't add them to your server.
TFS 1.0 (10.35) has same PvP system as 8.6~

Up +1

Then modify and balance it yourself.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Theres a lot of people that still likes 8.6 RL map... But sadly there's a ton of these servers, so I don't think you will have a chanse... Anyways, if you like my opinion about my interests, well...
  • 100% custom RPG (thats for me), aswell custom items/vocs/monters/map...
  • And the DDos atks still appears but with protection, well.. that will make it work...
  • And yeah if the server is popular, ofc the ventrilo will be required and people will use it.
  • Last but not leasts, exp stages surely slow mode so people stay and so they don't get lvl 150 in one day and the next day they quit becasue of lack of content and because they die really fast.

People need to start using OTClient.
So true, i don't get why people aren't using it, prolly because they are afraid people will dislike it and they will have less players.
But i think every good custom ot should at least consider OTclient

Back