• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Internet = Ran by Retards?

Sync

Ø,ø
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to share something that just currently happened to me that I find to be extremely Retarted.

So this is what happened, I started hosting another OT. The open Tibia server got pretty decent sized within a Week. On the 8th day it seems that someone was Unpleased with the success of the server and Decided to start DDos attacks. And there went my internet.

Later that night I get a phone call from my internet provider explaining to me that my IP has been attacked by 1000 other hosts from across the world. And the attack on my IP is crashing there network. And that he will freeze my IP for the night and keep it off and turn it back on the next day to see if the attacks continue.

So then, he unfreezes my IP and you guessed it, The attacks continued. I get another phone call from my internet provider saying that I need to stop doing what im doing for people to know my IP. Otherwise they will cancel my internet service due to the fact that these attacks were crashing there entire network. I then ask him, "You are the Internet Provider should you not be able to Protect from these attacks?" And his response is No, They cannot do Anything about it because the Attacker was using Bot Nets and they have no way of finding out who made the attacks and not enough power to attack back to prevent them.

So that in general terms means,

"Please stop what you are Doing To release your IP to the Public Or we will remove your Internet Service to save are own company."

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE? Internet = Ran by Geeks.

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to share something that just currently happened to me that I find to be extremely Retarted.

So this is what happened, I started hosting another OT. The open Tibia server got pretty decent sized within a Week. On the 8th day it seems that someone was Unpleased with the success of the server and Decided to start DDos attacks. And there went my internet.

Later that night I get a phone call from my internet provider explaining to me that my IP has been attacked by 1000 other hosts from across the world. And the attack on my IP is crashing there network. And that he will freeze my IP for the night and keep it off and turn it back on the next day to see if the attacks continue.

So then, he unfreezes my IP and you guessed it, The attacks continued. I get another phone call from my internet provider saying that I need to stop doing what im doing for people to know my IP. Otherwise they will cancel my internet service due to the fact that these attacks were crashing there entire network. I then ask him, "You are the Internet Provider should you not be able to Protect from these attacks?" And his response is No, They cannot do Anything about it because the Attacker was using Bot Nets and they have no way of finding out who made the attacks and not enough power to attack back to prevent them.

So that in general terms means,

"Please stop what you are Doing To release your IP to the Public Or we will remove your Internet Service to save are own company."

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE? Internet = Ran by Geeks.

well, I wish they atleast called us in Mexico..

just tell them you are not doing anything, and they'll have to do something to stop the attacks :p if it doesn't work, change your internet company

Find a solution if you're so smart...

Lol? Read Before you Post. As I recently explained in my Post is that nothing can be Done to protect against the Attacks Unless I want to pay massive ammounts of money for the internet provider to have enough power to counter the attacks, That is coming from the Mouth of my Internet Provider tech team. Unless you have a solution for this, Dont post and be so Smug about it.

just tell them you are not doing anything, and they'll have to do something to stop the attacks :p if it doesn't work, change your internet company

I tried that Idea aswell, No internet provider in my town or around my town will be able to prevent that massive ammount of attacks.

lol, how you can hide your ip? constantly use proxy or sth? even if you don't publish it yourself it is saved on so many forums etc...
not using web at all is only way to not let others your ip...

lol, how you can hide your ip? constantly use proxy or sth? even if you don't publish it yourself it is saved on so many forums etc...
not using web at all is only way to not let others your ip...

Precisely.

For them it's easier to disconnect one of their custommers than pay shitloads for good hardware that will handle such packets flow.

Buy a deda server ;)
Not a good solution. If they'll continue attacks, the dedicated server will be offline and either players won't be able to play or hosting company will NULL route him. Well maybe if he pay loads of money for hosting that offers good protection against DDoS and other flooding methods.

Last edited:
Back