• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Introduction to Hosting: Part One and Two: What to Look for and What Companies to Pick.

You can use a program called Screen. With screen you can make a session that will be alive for as long the server is running.

To install screen do following:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install screen

To get your server up and running under Screen session:

screen -S tibiaserver (Creates a new session named 'tibiaserver')
./otsBinary (Starts up your OTS)
ctrl+a+d ( Detaches your actual session from the just created 'tibiaserver' session that is managed by Screen )

After you detached yourself you can close your SSH program, turn your pc off and go take a nap because your server is up and running.

I'm gonna make this tonight. Seems it's what I am searching for. Thanks you in advance, after test it I will tell you if it works good. Thanks again!

Nothing on spigu.net ? The owner hosting dedicated servers with DDOS protection etc.

So you could say use linux or dedicated server every other hosting is trash.

Nothing on spigu.net ? The owner hosting dedicated servers with DDOS protection etc.
Limited to Ubuntu, preinstalled packages, very high prices. There are way better options than that.

Back