• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Invisible walls for a laberynth

wafuboe

Solutions
Reaction score
well i need some invisible walls or something blocking the way for a laberynth srry mi engglish
the problem is that i dont know the id of invisible ball or something blocking dunno the name or id, someone knows?

You can mapclick through that kind of wall. it doesen't show on map or on screen, but your character will find the way around it without even trying to walk on to that tile

Use stairs and ladders. Cut down your labyrinth and put those pieces on new floors. You can do some pretty nasty stuff, even by accident :p

It is a good idea. I built a huge flat area alredy though, and it took some time since well. I can't see the walls myself so I had to make a prototype first.
I'm going to solve it by puting teleport tiles inside, that you'll have to sidestep or not sidestep to avoid. I'm just figuring where the teleport should go, to instant death or just back to the beginning. I alreyd have very punishing quests, so maybe i should slow down a bit on those. Or should I :rolleyes:

@EDIT LOL
POST FROM 2012 SORRY, [ WHO REVIVED IT ? ]
-----------------
OR better do like i did for my bomberman mod
set ground action id to [XXX] and player storage like if he is playing the game, he cant pass else he can walk as normal tile.[ follow video and the script i used ]

PHP:
<movevent type="StepIn" itemid="TILE_ID" event="script"><![CDATA[
domodlib('BomberManMovevent')

function onStepIn(cid, item, pos, fromPosition)            --  onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)

if (item.actionid == 110) and (  BomberManSetting.get (  cid, "bbm" , "can_Walk_Thought_Wall"    ) == 0      )  then
            doPlayerSendCancel(cid, ' Sorry, not possible. ')
            doTeleportThing(cid, fromPosition, false)
            return FALSE
        end

return TRUE
end

return true
]]></movevent>

mouse click will fail [ cant find a way out clicking far ]
sorry promoting my video ;'( if i get 500 view i release the script ( full )

Last edited:
Thanks for tip Limo, walkable swamp huh, need to find dem id's.
Anyways, I eneded up making 7 teleport tiles that you will walk on if you try to mapclick through the labyrinth(you will most likely walk on them anyways atleast once :D ), each leads to certain death.
I've got another labyrinth without invisible walls that is un-mapclickable. because it's HUUUUUUUGE and has firefields, rats and bats in it. I've tested mapclicking thorugh it, if you don't alredy have the whole labyrinth explored, it'll lead you far away from the goal, even if you have explored almost whole (as you can still kill all and destroy the fields, however, that alone would take considered amount of time).

Luckily I made a copy of my prototype before I made the whole labyrinth invisible, or the project to make teleports in it would be.. more than making a whole new labyrinth;P

@EDIT LOL
POST FROM 2012 SORRY, [ WHO REVIVED IT ? ]
-----------------
OR better do like i did for my bomberman mod
set ground action id to [XXX] and player storage like if he is playing the game, he cant pass else he can walk as normal tile.[ follow video and the script i used ]

mouse click will fail [ cant find a way out clicking far ]
sorry promoting my video ;'( if i get 500 view i release the script ( full )

Really liked that bomberman would you help me to fix this on my server :D ?

Walkable swamp is id 6353, but you can also find it by searching for walkable swamp with jump to brush (j) or in Terrain Palette, Nature.

Use Xodet's crates(ctrl+f in items.xml) They're unmovable, unwalkable and look good in this area.
I'm working on bomberman for tfs 1.0 with multiplayer support. Could you tell me how you managed to read bomb's uid when it's in movement" uid seems to be dynamic and it can't be done in position as param if I want them to move

i dont know if that will FIT to you script ( need to see how ur uid for bomb are managed ! ), and again this isnt how i did but also work.
u can use like function doItemSetDuration(uid, duration) from my post
http://otland.net/threads/6-basics-...on-playeraddallblessing-setplayersave.208867/
with an on think function this is just a exemple, and i not using that code!
PHP:
function onThink(cid, interval)
    if bomb_last_interval == nil then bomb_last_interval= os.clock()    end

if (os.clock() - bomb_last_interval) >  2 then        --        execute every 2 sec
        local t = getplayerbombs(cid)    --    supose u also have that function !!!
        for k,v in pairs(t) do
            bomb.uid = v

local duration = getItemDuration(bomb.uid)
            doItemSetDuration(bomb.uid, (10*1000) ) --    10*1000 = 10s

if duration < 2 then
                --        HERE DECLARE ALL NEEDED VAR for the EXPLOSION FUNCTION
                local thing = getThing(bomb.uid)
                local pos = getThingPos(bomb.uid)
                local pid = getThing(bomb.uid).actionid
                --        HERE CALL UR EXPLOSION FUNCTION
                bombExplosion(pid, thing.uid, pos )
                --        remove the bomb
                -- doDecayItem(bomb.uid) , removething() ,
            end
        end
    end
end
dont forget i dont know how u manage ur bombs uids,
i remember i tryed many methods until i figured out what was the best one. ( not telling which i chose )
because i want compare others people logic :)
and the only bomberman script i found was too simple and not help full :/

Could you tell me how you managed to read bomb's uid when it's in movement?
REPLY: the uid are stored inside the player who droped it !
this way we get its power and how far it goes
and the position, getThingPos(bomb.uid).

Back