• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Invitation only server?

Invitation only server?

• Yes, invitation always needed.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Yes, invitation only first 6 months/1 year.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No invitation, public from start.

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
What about this idea?
I'm used to host servers for friends&family or player clubs (real roleplay clubs for example), where only people allowed can enter and play the server, invitation is the only way to play that servers.

The usual config for that server is:
  • The map is RL 7.4 (no Dark Cathedral, Pits of inferno, Port Hope, etc...) and sometimes I block Ank map if requested when the server is going to be played with little amount of playerbase (under 150 people)
  • 7.4 gameplay: no hotkeys, uh trap, no pz on boats/carpets, overspawn, no runes on shop, no mage wands, no rope if something blocks hole, parcel block, etc... old style pvp.
  • No stages, all 1x as intended by Cipsoft. It's not the goal for this poll but I'm open to change that for a different exp formula (I usually use Tibianic formula to make it hr) if requested by the players on the invitation servers, monsters give the same exp but you need less experience to advance levels (for example you only need 238 exp to level 8)
  • No tasks.
  • I usually make some minor modifications: add quivers for paladins, change some mana required for some knight spells, change the regeneration for ring of healing to make it useful...
I know that OTservers open/close and people are always worried about that (I'm the first one worried about my characters on that servers I enjoy playing)
I play a lot of old school server that open/close, but never go far level 40-50 because of that, that led me to the idea of host my own server.
The idea behind this server it's to give an opportunity to people who wants to play an old school 7.4 server but without the cons of a money based server that will be dead sooner or later.
My idea is to host and let the people play for free for at least 6 months or a year, but only allow to join trough invitation (from me or from another actual player) to keep not involved players out. If the server gets a good base of players, then let the people decide: open the server to public or maintain it invitation only.
My intention it's to keep the server without shop, only donation or patreon based to help me on the maintenance. I want people to enjoy the whole game and if you like the server and want to stay in donate what you want when you want to help us (or no donate at all, but be polite and respectful during your time playing).
The last option its to open that server to the public without need of an invitation, but i doubt it will work or not.

A small tight knit group would be really cool but the invites would need some kind of verification/identification so they're easy to track and ban across multiple characters and accounts and to also prevent them joining easily in the future. Might sound extreme but these kinds of exclusive servers are the perfect target for griefers, not just a good target, but the perfect target can I emphasise that any more?

If the initial invitees know the server will go public, they will abuse that and form positions of power to maximise their profits/power when it goes public, good for them, horrible for the new players. Can be minimised with a wipe, but then that will discourage the initial invitees from ever playing properly in the first place due to fear of the wipe or fear of the incoming toxic community.

If it goes public you can't realistically expect it to be long term any more. It's not cash shops or profit that kills servers, it's the players, especially oldschool players. They're toxic idiots who destroy communities then quit playing because "it's dead" even though they're the ones who killed it. This is a sad truth but a truth nonetheless.

I think if you want to do this you need to keep it either public or invite only, not try to do both. Good luck!

now step it up a notch and do 50 dollar invites
so this server will not have cheaters. because they will be banned and lose their 50 dollars

A small tight knit group would be really cool but the invites would need some kind of verification/identification so they're easy to track and ban across multiple characters and accounts and to also prevent them joining easily in the future. Might sound extreme but these kinds of exclusive servers are the perfect target for griefers, not just a good target, but the perfect target can I emphasise that any more?

If the initial invitees know the server will go public, they will abuse that and form positions of power to maximise their profits/power when it goes public, good for them, horrible for the new players. Can be minimised with a wipe, but then that will discourage the initial invitees from ever playing properly in the first place due to fear of the wipe or fear of the incoming toxic community.

If it goes public you can't realistically expect it to be long term any more. It's not cash shops or profit that kills servers, it's the players, especially oldschool players. They're toxic idiots who destroy communities then quit playing because "it's dead" even though they're the ones who killed it. This is a sad truth but a truth nonetheless.

I think if you want to do this you need to keep it either public or invite only, not try to do both. Good luck!
Nice reply.
Whenever I think about this kind of server, I expect it to be like the ones I run for little groups, where all the players are friends or family, but to open one to the public is another question.

You gave me some keys to think about. Lets see what people think about it and later I will post some updates.
Post automatically merged:

no seriously
come play tibiantis and close thread
I play Tibiantis ;-)

My intention it's not to be an alternative to Tibiantis, that features are the ones I have on my invitation only servers.
Those are the features I like for a server I would like to play, but I'm looking for a new way to manage a community, and for the moment that's only a brainstorming.

Last edited:
Hey man this is a great idea im looking to play exactly that tibia, Now is a great oportunity for having the sad people of kingdom, the good thing about kingdom was that there was a lot of players you feel like a tibia from 2000s, I think you can make a private invition only for 1-2 weeks then open it or something like that
If you lounch that ot im InN you can make $ with pacs too

Back