• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

IP.BOARD 4 Installation Problem

Stanos

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,
i dont expect support with this type of quest but w/e im going to try.

USING FORUM: IP.BOARD 4
Problem:
  • You do not have the OpenSSL PHP extension loaded which is required. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for it to be enabled.
Operating system: Windows 7
Web Server: UniController
Acc Maker: MyACC

Well I mean... The solution is stated very clearly.

You need the OpenSSL PHP extension enabled. It is not enabled. Thus your IP.BOARD will not function. And that is why you need to contact your hosting provider or system administrator and ask that they enable it.

If you host on your own computer then just google "how to enable openssl php extension on windows 7" and follow the steps, it will most likely have you download and install OpenSSL on your computer and perhaps toss a DLL into your PHP and Apache folder.

You need the OpenSSL PHP extension enabled. It is not enabled. Thus your IP.BOARD will not function. And that is why you need to contact your hosting provider or system administrator and ask that they enable it.

If you host on your own computer then just google "how to enable openssl php extension on windows 7" and follow the steps, it will most likely have you download and install OpenSSL on your computer and perhaps toss a DLL into your PHP and Apache folder.

I know that it stated clearly but to say just install OpenSSL doesnt explain anything, or it doesnt even need to download SSL because there is apache ssl
hmm.png
Maybe if i could enable it, it would work. Even if i need to download so from here because as far as i know i need to compile it so it might be even more problems.
Hello!

Dont know if you searched on google. But heres what I found. Click on me scroll down to Edit Basic and Modules.

Then see if that could help you. Maybe you need to download OpenSSL PHP extension separately and install it.

Sincerly, Thyrelia.
I think its already in uniserver

Well according to their own documentation, you need to generate an SSL cert in order to enable SLL functionality on your particular brand of webserver;

Apache - SSL (http://www.uniformserver.com/ZeroXI_documentation/apache_ssl.html)

Though that doesn't look like a strict requirement seeing as they request you manually uncomment things too.
Perhaps have a look in your PHP config file and see if the php_openssl.dll module is commented out, and uncomment it and see what happens, you might need Apache SSL enabled as well, or you might not. No way of knowing without testing it.

Write a private message to me with your Discord details and I'll see if I can guide you.
messaged
Well according to their own documentation, you need to generate an SSL cert in order to enable SLL functionality on your particular brand of webserver;

Apache - SSL (http://www.uniformserver.com/ZeroXI_documentation/apache_ssl.html)

Though that doesn't look like a strict requirement seeing as they request you manually uncomment things too.
Perhaps have a look in your PHP config file and see if the php_openssl.dll module is commented out, and uncomment it and see what happens, you might need Apache SSL enabled as well, or you might not. No way of knowing without testing it.
Yea i saw this information. I have no idea how to generate and SSL cert. Php config file doesnt exist or just cant find it

Back