• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

IP help

Keram

Reaction score
Hello
First of all, I know there are probably thousands of topics about IP, whether it is external or internal etc...

But I really tried to look for solutions to my problem but I totally didn't know what to type in google, and I dont really know for should I look for... I mean, everyone's routers pannel is different, everyone has different thing... So...

Well, I made this thread to concentrate on my problem only.

I live in Ireland, I bought Eircom broadband. I have a modem (well, that's what it said in the offer when I was buying this internet, it said that a modem is added FREE) - so it is not a router. I dunno the difference to be honest though :p So anyway.

Google says that my ip address is:

Then I went to CMD and I typed ipconfig and this came up:
28u21og.png

(Sorry for the polish but Im sure you know what it means)

So now, how do I know if I can let players login to my server? I actually have not found a proper answer for that question yet. People keep saying "oh u need external ip address", or "go and use port forwarding".

I opened my ports (80, 7171, 7172, 3306) in my windows firewall.

I put this ip address: 86.46.89.119 in config.lua and in config.php but everytime I go to a website: http://86.46.89.119/ but I keep getting directed to my broadband admin panel.

Im bad at setting up all these ip addresses and ehh... I just want to open my server for few of my friends so that we can test some stuff. And they dont want to download hamachi.

So I ask you please, help me. Tell me what to do, I will do it. I really want to get this solved :( If I need to call my internet provider and ask them to do something withh my IP, I will if it is needed. But please help me because currently I dont even know what should I ask the internet provider for...

Thank you :)

@up
I opened my ports to ipv4 ip address (which is: 192.168.1.5) - i did this in my router admin pannel

I then put my global ip in config.lua and in config.php, my global address is now: 86.47.4.78 (because i restarted my router because i was becoming very annoyed)

I went to the website to check my ports if they r open but whenevr I check ports: 80, 7171, 7172 or 3306, I get this error:

Error: I could not see your service on 86.47.4.78 on port (HERE SHOWS PORT NUMBER)
Reason: No route to host

but i think i opened them, and i still cant access my website from my global ip :(

Back