• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is having a cast system essential in an otserver?

Is casting your gameplay that important to you?

• Total voters

Lundrial

lundrial:getTitle()
Reaction score
Well, since almost every server wants to have this feature, I would like to ask what the players think about it, does having a cast system incorporated matters that much, or you don't mind, other option is to be provided with all the tools and a tutorial on how to stream on twitch thus giving the option to watch the streams on the webpage.

Since I'm also a player, I would say that I don't think it matters that much.

For me don't matter it, cast system why ? who will watch a otserver play? :eek::eek::eek:
the feature is just to call players "cast system with password" OH GOD! I NEED SEE IT BUT NOT USE IT
feature good is:
store ingame without bugs
reward chest system working pretty well (this will change the experience of the players in the otserver)
quests fully working (almost all the times without the minor missions)
map complete and monsters with attacks and loots corrects

For me don't matter it, cast system why ? who will watch a otserver play? :eek::eek::eek:
the feature is just to call players "cast system with password" OH GOD! I NEED SEE IT BUT NOT USE IT
feature good is:
store ingame without bugs
reward chest system working pretty well (this will change the experience of the players in the otserver)
quests fully working (almost all the times without the minor missions)
map complete and monsters with attacks and loots corrects
Let's not get off topic, we are discussing about cast system being an essential thing or not, your feedback is appreciated tho.

who will watch a otserver play?
I love to watch wars, my friends for example. I don't watch the otserver play #Kappa

To my answer, yes it is, I love that feature.

I kinda find the cast system to be a relic of the past given the success of both twitch and livestream for streaming and how they are both superior in almost every way compared to using the cast system.

The only benefit of it, is to see who in the game is currently streaming in a fast and accessible way.

Its never used. People are scared of casting because they think they will get killed and shit

Hmm, yes, I have to say that it is an important feature. It has become one of those expected features.

Last edited:
no its not maybe its for useless 100% copypasta real tibia servers since tehres nothing else u can add

I decided to go without it on my custom proyect for the moment and keep watching this thread to see people's opinions to think if im gonna add it later, It's an interesting topic so I'd like to see more opinions on the matter, thanks for the feedback!

It is not essential, but it if you have time to add it, it always improves the image of the server, you know, it makes it kinda cooler! ;)

I would like to see a cast system that could be watched in browsers.

But no flash stuff, it should work in mobiles nicely too.
Shouldn't be that hard to make.

Ofc it should require registration to prevent potential lag

I would like to see a cast system that could be watched in browsers.

But no flash stuff, it should work in mobiles nicely too.
Shouldn't be that hard to make.

Ofc it should require registration to prevent potential lag
I'd like something like that too but it's kinda out of my league for now, I quitted for too long and I'm too rusty to create something that complex/fancy

I kinda find the cast system to be a relic of the past given the success of both twitch and livestream for streaming and how they are both superior in almost every way compared to using the cast system.

The only benefit of it, is to see who in the game is currently streaming in a fast and accessible way.

i Agre with you, Cast system had it glory days.
@MatheusMkalo
You can use youtube
now even youtube offer a way to Streamming live gameplay, and u can earn money by doing it.

i Agre with you, Cast system had it glory days.

now even youtube offer a way to Streamming live gameplay, and u can earn money by doing it.
Streaming requires a good upload. Not everyone has that.

Streaming requires a good upload. Not everyone has that.

You Got 3 points there; if i had a good internet i would host my own server, which confirm what you said even i dont have a fast upload (Download 100mbits/ upload 8mbits) , now think about the whole words, hum 50% of players dont have that either, like flash has been throw for html5, cast may follow the same path (one day for sure, but maybe i am wrong)

Cast system is a wonderfull feature, everyone love it. I have a few friends that always watch casts. I can consider it has a priority, but none are able to do such thing like this on TFS 1.2, even paying, so we have to wait djarek update his cast.

Cast system is a wonderfull feature, everyone love it. I have a few friends that always watch casts. I can consider it has a priority, but none are able to do such thing like this on TFS 1.2, even paying, so we have to wait djarek update his cast.
It's not that hard to update his cast system and make it work, but I'm not sure how stable it is, I want to take things seriously and go for a 95+% uptime

It's not that hard to update his cast system and make it work, but I'm not sure how stable it is, I want to take things seriously and go for a 95+% uptime

His cast system is not stable, there is a few issues on OtLand's GitHub with gdb crash log, also his cast is not working with the version 10.77+. I can't speak for 10.77 version, but for 10.9x I can say that is not stable, with crashs sometimes, and also with debugs.

Back