• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is hosting an OTS itself illegal?

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello mates,
Since i have been around on Otland quite some time this is not to be considered a "noob" question.
I have already had my own OTS running as some of you know, however i come up with this question again, since i plan to offer paid OTS HOSTING Services.
Since i do not want to get into any trouble hosting OTS for other people i ask this question.
Regards,
Damon

I have already check this one out. So basicly it is just safe for me aslong as the server which is hosted doesnt get popular and/or money?
But wouldn't i as a reseller be not liable for my customer anyway? The moment im reselling it tomy customer he is the legal person owning it for that period of time, right?
@Ninja
@DonDaniello

Well since there are no interests anyway i will stick to reselling gameservers i guess :)

No please, not again this topic, there is a long thread about this exact topic already, Mark made clear that each country has different laws about this so we aren't sure about all this, but just don't worry, Cipsoft never ever sued someone because an OT, so keep it like that, you can continue with OTservs without worries.

No please, not again this topic, there is a long thread about this exact topic already, Mark made clear that each country has different laws about this so we aren't sure about all this, but just don't worry, Cipsoft never ever sued someone because an OT, so keep it like that, you can continue with OTservs without worries.
Hey there.
I stated out that i am not totally new to this. I have had my own OTS aswell as i said, however i came here asking for this case as a reseller,

You need a permision from cipsoft, which they will give you, they want resellers, thats good for their bussiness, send them an email, also they will promote you as an official reseller

No, it is not. Is illegal to modify the client (thing that users do to change the IP) or distribute a custom client.
The server is very legal.

Back