• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it possibile? DNS + port redirect?

legolas23

Reaction score
Hello
I have an Ot server and I am hosting it on computer with router so I redirected my website port to 7172. And ip too server website is

http;\\"myip"+":7172"

And ip to ot is normal (just "myip")

But how to make ip of website and server the same? Is it any way to do it?

I heard that a domain is a slove of this problem but please tell me is it true or show me the other way to amke these ip's the same.

Port port 80 to your web page.

Port 80 is default on internet explorer, firefox, google chrome etc.

So if you choose port 80 for web page, you will only need to type your IP there.

If you got etc legolasOT.com

You can also probably make legolasOT.com a DNS for port 7172, so you only have to type legolasOT.com and it will come into your homepage as well. (example).

I guess these are the easiest ways to do it. There are most likely many other options to choose from as well.

Yeah then your router is occupying port 80. Try to see if there is a function where you can disable that, or choose another port for your router.

You have to look at your own router, and make yourself a bit familiar with it. There are many different routers out there, so I cant help you much there. :p

I can 't do this cause one port 80 80 is opened for other user and i cannot open it twice. Is a domain slove of a problem?

iS PORT 8080 SAME AS 80? Or they are both deflaut ports for websites?

I'm thinking abount buying a domain that I can put on my server website (is it possiblie btw?) and do it also a DNS for my serv.

With the DNS function in your router, you can make your router contact an domain to make the DNS always up to date to your IP, this would solve OTs problems with dynamic IP hosters, though domain server is not supported in TFS.

If port 80 is already busy, then look at used ports, and change the local IP to your computer. Because if it is as you says, then your router have reserved port 80 for the router itself. Just change it to your computer.

atm busy my words are a bit mixed.

Back