• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it possible to get item description?

GhostWD

I'm in love with the var_dump()
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,
like topic title is it possible?
i've used
> print(g_game.getLocalPlayer():getInventoryItem(InventorySlotAmmo):getDescription())
but it returns empty string but when i call setDescription("blabla") then getDesc() return "blabla"

what i need is getting item description (not from items.xml but changed one)

Last edited:
@Sajgon I'm using TFS 0.4 but what i want is to get that Description via client (item description contains important data{limit} which i would like to use)

The client does not know about item's descriptions. You would have to provide the client with a file that stores the descriptions and load it on start.

Thanks @Summ for your reply! You dispeled my doubts and my idea :C because this value is dynamical...

if the attributes are dynamical and items unique, you can send informations by c++ with clientId, than parse and save it in otc item object, the global function for sending item id was in networkmessage.cpp as i remember

Back