• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X Is it possible to move from TFS 0.X to 1.X?

dantexd

Reaction score
Hello fellas, I worked on a 0.3.6 database and I am very curious if its possible to move to 1.x TFS. (Without having to delete my scripts database)
Just curious ☺
Cheers mates :))

You mean like characterdata and stuff?
With some tweaking everything is possible, you just need basic knowledge of how the database works.

You can compare the schemas from 0.4 and 1.3 and see the difference and make the appropriate adjustments.

If you mean like the scripts and stuff, its not 100% compatible, but also here you just need minor tweaks, TFS 1.X has some compatibility with previous tfs version, but its limited, so expect alot of minor errors that you need to clean up.

However I would not advise to use out of date script with 1.x. Eg. 0.4 scripts on 1.3.

Lua scripts are a bit different, but easier once you learn it:

TFS 1.x uses metatables, etc
Lua:
player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_EVENT_ORANGE, "blablabla")
instead of
Lua:
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_EVENT_ORANGE, "blablabla")

So instead of passing along "cid" everywhere, you have metadata objects like player, target etc.

Many old functions are supported with a compat.lua file:

And TFS 1.x has much better documentation, although its still not complete, its pretty useful. I use it daily.

Etc the creature metatable:

And TFS 1.x has the revscriptsys system, which is like the old mods system, but entirely in Lua, and much better.

We also support TFS 1.x actively here on otland, most of TFS 1.x questions are solved, with lots of best answers:

So should you have any issue, help is not far away.

TFS 0.3 database is not compatible with TFS 1.3, you either need to write a migration routine, or start with a fresh database.

Back