• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is It Possible?

Khatulu

the Ancient
Reaction score
Ok, I have a question. First let me set the scene:
You are deep in a cave hunting and come across a mountain. You can see the other side and see the gates of a town but no way to get there.
Along the way you had read several signs and put all the clues together... there is a way to open the path to this town. There are seven tiles
in this large area with seven basins behind them where seven items must be placed. On each tile a player must stand for 10 minutes, and not die,
and must have the required item on the basin behind them while killing the guadian monsters who are there to steal those items. At 8 minutes you
see a message. Same at 9 and 10 minutes. At 10m15s the question comes to light.(one of them anyway)

Say I wanted to make a portion of that mountain disappear. I realize it would require a server restart and a second (copied and edited) map but is
it possible to make a script, or set of scripts, that would:

• a) replace one line in the config.lua to use the edited map,
  • b) restart the server,
  • c) get the name of the player standing on the tile(s) and write the respective names on the hero statues that are where the basins were?

I've seen similar things done on two other games(one using PHP and the other Python) but was wanting to know if it was even possible in OT using LUA.
It would be a one-time deal then never called on again since the activating tiles and respective basins would no longer exist.

I'm not sure if /reload (the talkaction) works with map reloading, but you can test it. You would change the map line in config.lua and do like reload does.

Yes, you can copy the /reload script and change to suit your needs. My /reload script (original from TFS v3884) can't reload map u.u

Back