• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it too late? :o How long have you guys been in this kind of stuff? :)

Neverminder

Reaction score
So, well I've registered here when I've kind of played Talaturen's icechaw.otland.net back in the days. Was fun, it really was.

Anyway, my journey with Tibia starts back in the year 2006 (CipSoft's client version of 7.8 or maybe 7.92, not sure). Of course, I was noobing around there for a about a year with my real life freind and then he showed me what an OT is. Since then I've always been like part OT player and part 'real Tibia' player, probably 85% of all OT players are like that. Anyway, back to the reason why I've opened this thread ...

Well, just recently it hit me like from nowhere. "All those cool looking Open Tibia servers ... Who does all of that? ... Man, I could use some of my artistic skills to maybe build something on my own, or at least give it go ..."

So here I am, a brand new 'newcomer' even tho 3 years old user account.

I've started reading some of the tutorials (mostly mapping), it's great, such a big and helpful community in one place ...

... Tho, tried to open my 'own' OT server yesterday using one of the great tutorials, it worked, but nah, I'm not for that kind of stuff, I just want to map and that's it, maybe someday I'll try to get my head into scripting and such things. Who knows ...

Anyway, so I was wondering, is it too late for me? :eek: Or shall I ask more appropriate question ... How long have you guys been in this kind of stuff? I mean, what have you been doing, mapping, scripting, some other things I'm not aware of? Or just all together, hosting an OT? :D

Get this thread as a chit-chat place to discuss all of your accomplishments and a thread of brand new newbie into the world of creating an OT, not just loggin on and playing it. :)

Definitely not too late.
People will come and go, Open Tibia will be here for a long time
I've been in the Open Tibia community since 2005. Starting on otcommunity.net and OTFans.

Definitely not too late. Open Tibia will be here for a long time

Hmm, it's as if you know the future!

-

Neverminder, it's not too late <sigh>. We need more people from the past to help revive OT. Oh and to answer your question -- I don't remember the year I began to play OTS. I know I've played Tibia since 00-01'. Hmm, my assumption would be within a few years after that. ... Probably around 05'. A lot has occurred since, my apologies for not remembering more specific dates.

Welcome back! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hmm, it's as if you know the future!
I think OT will be here for a while like Evan said, it wont really be the same thing though. I'm really curious how the community will look in a couple of years when the key persons have started retiring.

I think OT will be here for a while like Evan said, it wont really be the same thing though. I'm really curious how the community will look in a couple of years when the key persons have started retiring.

Dead

Different, not dead. Open Tibia is open source, it's not dying as long as there's people who want to keep developing it. People will come and go but OT will remain.

when the key people retire, some new fresh and young person will take over in one or another way.
lots of people want to be skilled as a "key person".. and therefor a lot of people give it a try and really try to improve themselves for years..

However, we're blind to who these new fresh people might be, because OT today is flooded by people who only make OTs to make money...
But I can guarantee you, the fresh ones do exist..

its never too late :p i started just lil ago and made quite a bit of progress.
also if ur gunna learn a language let it be C++ or Java becuz theyll do better
things and will work not only for tibia

Its like everyone said, its never too late
As time passes, new generation of members will come, hopefully they'll bring back the non-money ots of the old days

Definitely not too late.
People will come and go, Open Tibia will be here for a long time
I've been in the Open Tibia community since 2005. Starting on otcommunity.net and OTFans.

Haha otcommunity.net xD! I remember that!

Back