• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is that keylogger or just remote control?

Well if you scanned a newer version of RME and it showed up the same thing then I suppose it's nothing but a false positive and safe to use.

OK,so the newest RME haven't any virus ,so it's clean and safe,but I've scanned just install file,not package.rar , other RME version was scanned from rar.

Well if the newest version doesn't give off any viruses and the one you got does, it could mean that the one you got is infected, keep that in mind.

Ah okay, well then it should be no problem... That virus alert is most likely just a false positive then.

From what I can gather of that NewHeur_PE thing, it basically means "I detected something which is SIMILAR to a virus in my database". So it could just be a false positive, a program which is not a virus being flagged as a virus.

I'm not talking about Newheur_Pe its nothing wrong look post 2x up ,i'm saying about gamethief and i'm not saying that Remere is hacker......

Well here's the case. There's probably over 200 people using RME, and no one of them has ever complained about getting hacked or something. Which means that the map editor is most likely virus-free and the thing that pops up is nothing but a false positive.

If the file that you scanned gives off the same virus warning as a new fresh copy of RME, downloaded from the official RME website, then that means that they are identical in terms of possible viruses, and since we previously made it clear that said "virus" is just a false warning, both of the downloaded files that you got, both the one from your friend, and the one from the official RME website, is safe.

However keep in mind that even if those virusscan websites gives you an "OK", it does not always mean that they are safe, so I would still suggest using the latest version from RME's website.

Back