• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is the dark theme selection good enough?

Don Daniello

/root
Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
There's a new dark style option on the forum. You have to manually select it if you want to use it at the bottom-left of the page or at this link: Style chooser (https://otland.net/misc/style)

We now have a total of two dark styles:
  • Very Dark Black - found by @Amiroslo
  • Very Dark Blue - modified by @River KA from the "Very Dark Black"
There's a good chance that both will survive future updates and upgrades of our forum software but nothing is ever guaranteed with that.

Last edited:
Sexy af. Keep up the great work. Still think unread thread title fonts are too thick. (when viewing thread lists, like in discussion section)
Also think very black theme has way to white text. Viewing threads lists, the titles are blindingy white (IMO)

I think the Very Dark Blue theme needs some work. But I still think its the best one.

Main posted updated for those wondering. Anyways, I’m currently using the blue version, I honestly don’t mind both. Maybe the blue gives more life to the theme. But some people might prefer the other dark one. I wouldn’t mind going with any of the two. I actually would love to go with the blue because someone on this community actually put effort into making. Also since it was made by a user of this community, we can also reach to him to make modifications whenever needed

'Click to expand' caption in the Very Dark Blue theme is barely visible.
click_to_expand.png

Edit:
The same is true for the Very Dark Black theme (it's a little more visible here, but it's still problematic).
click_to_expand_2.png

Last edited:
i love it, minimalist, and well organized, the buttons have well height. Nice job (Y)

If you want to make updates or contact @River KA to ask him to make updates, I can upload updated version.

I think this dark-blue variant looks really nice (the grey notification background stands out a bit imo) but I'd prefer keeping them both instead of replacing the current one. I like current, desaturated dark theme, it could maybe use some blue/orange accents though.

Could you take a print of it like @Wirox ? So I'll be able to find and fix it.

I think the Very Dark Blue theme needs some work. But I still think its the best one.

Which one? I'll be glad if you post here the changes you think we should fix like @Wirox .

'Click to expand' caption in the Very Dark Blue theme is barely visible.
View attachment 33854

Edit:
The same is true for the Very Dark Black theme (it's a little more visible here, but it's still problematic).
View attachment 33855

Thank you for you fix suggestion.

Everyone, if you find some fixes to do, please take a print of it like Wirox did (doesn't needs the print of "Very Dark Black", only of "Very Dark Blue").
So I'll be able to find where is, then I can fix that.
After a time, I'll collect the reported fix suggestions and fix all of them, ok?
Thank you all.

If you fix this, the dark theme looks perfect for me.

Not in here:

1547242785341.png

But if you meant the Very Dark Black theme, I work only on the Very Dark Blue theme.
I could make fixes later on the Very Dark Black theme, if @Don Daniello let me do that.

@River KA
One problem I noticed with dark blue theme is that it's not working too well with code syntax highlighting, especially with the purple.

example:
1547316363142.png

Also, this check mark icon is hardly visible:
1547316523887.png

Attached is the Very Dark Black style if anyone wants to edit that.
My recommendation is to simply create a free demo XF2 forum, import the style, edit it and export. Then we can consider using the changes.

Attachments

• style-XF2-Default-Dark.xml
    31 KB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
There's a new dark style option on the forum. You have to manually select it if you want to use it at the bottom-left of the page or at this link: Style chooser (https://otland.net/misc/style)

We now have a total of two dark styles:
  • Very Dark Black - found by @Amiroslo
  • Very Dark Blue - modified by @River KA from the "Very Dark Black"
There's a good chance that both will survive future updates and upgrades of our forum software but nothing is ever guaranteed with that.

The Dark theme don't light up url's in different color, thats kinda bad for me, change it to lil more blue i think, like in other themes.
I mean only links should have color changed, becouse its the same color as normal text.

The Dark theme don't light up url's in different color, thats kinda bad for me, change it to lil more blue i think, like in other themes.
I mean only links should have color changed, becouse its the same color as normal text.
You can use the XML above to change it and suggest your changes.

I like the dark blue nostalgic theme ;)

Back